SAU Community

Newbie from Geelong, Victoria

Posted (edited)

Been a busy few months. Thought I'd provide a quick update.

Work done since last as of today:

• Coilovers all round - adjusted by Tyre Worx in Hoppers Crossing 
  • New rims and tyres, staggered 18x9 front, 18x10 rear (te37 reps) by Tyre Worx in Hoppers Crossing. Really wanted a good fit without touching bodywork. Can't believe how much of a difference this made to both looks and driving.
  • Wheel alignment
  • Rust treatment in boot and boot edges, followed by spraying and sealing
  • Resealed taillights (though I stuffed it up and need to redo it as water is still coming in, tips appreciated)
  • New spark plugs
  • Replace all filters
  • 2x oil changes, with a flush between
  • Fuel flush
  • Degreased and washed engine bay out

Pretty happy where it's at (for now). I'm not a horsepower chaser here, really just want to keep it clean and restored to its factory glory. 

If anyone has tips on stuff worth doing, keeping it in line with the vision above happy to hear it. Was wondering if it was worth replacing things like coil packs and factory hoses or do you wait until they break?

More from a maintenance restoration point of view.

Anyway, cheers!

Photos to help those with a Black R33 GTS-T:

SsMJf9R.jpeg

BPLWZlJ.jpeg

vNF6vK0.jpeg

z6jLUP6.jpeg

CZhkhEY.jpeg

Edited by sycotix
  • Like 2

Nice man glad it all somewhat worked out in the end. Any update on the inspection company?

As for coil packs stay away from red and yellow ones. Black (oem) or blue splitfires, or upgrade the whole lot to 35 GTRs/other new ones.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2024 at 10:27 PM, Milkmun said:

Nice man glad it all somewhat worked out in the end. Any update on the inspection company?

As for coil packs stay away from red and yellow ones. Black (oem) or blue splitfires, or upgrade the whole lot to 35 GTRs/other new ones.

Thanks mate appreciate the tips! I lodged the matter with VCAT in the end so that will take a while to actually pop back up but not letting them get away with it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/7/2024 at 4:03 PM, sycotix said:

Been a busy few months. Thought I'd provide a quick update.

Work done since last as of today:

• Coilovers all round - adjusted by Tyre Worx in Hoppers Crossing 
  • New rims and tyres, staggered 18x9 front, 18x10 rear (te37 reps) by Tyre Worx in Hoppers Crossing. Really wanted a good fit without touching bodywork. Can't believe how much of a difference this made to both looks and driving.
  • Wheel alignment
  • Rust treatment in boot and boot edges, followed by spraying and sealing
  • Resealed taillights (though I stuffed it up and need to redo it as water is still coming in, tips appreciated)
  • New spark plugs
  • Replace all filters
  • 2x oil changes, with a flush between
  • Fuel flush
  • Degreased and washed engine bay out

Pretty happy where it's at (for now). I'm not a horsepower chaser here, really just want to keep it clean and restored to its factory glory. 

If anyone has tips on stuff worth doing, keeping it in line with the vision above happy to hear it. Was wondering if it was worth replacing things like coil packs and factory hoses or do you wait until they break?

More from a maintenance restoration point of view.

Anyway, cheers!

Photos to help those with a Black R33 GTS-T:

SsMJf9R.jpeg

BPLWZlJ.jpeg

vNF6vK0.jpeg

z6jLUP6.jpeg

CZhkhEY.jpeg

Hey @sycotixwhere did you get the spark plugs replaced? 
was that somewhere in Hoppers crossing too?

I’m planning to go to Backlash Automotive in Hoppers when my clovers come but if you found a decent garage on this side to do spark plugs, I’d be interested too. 

PS: also been reading the drama with the car at the start. Glad you got that sorted 

7 hours ago, DraftySquash said:

Hey @sycotixwhere did you get the spark plugs replaced? 
was that somewhere in Hoppers crossing too?

I’m planning to go to Backlash Automotive in Hoppers when my clovers come but if you found a decent garage on this side to do spark plugs, I’d be interested too. 

PS: also been reading the drama with the car at the start. Glad you got that sorted 

Hey mate, I'm sure Moe over at Tyre Worx and Garage Worx in Hoppers will do that but I did my spark plugs myself when I gave it a full service after buying for peace of mind. 

Thanks for the feedback!