SAU Community

Any help appreciated

On 24/4/2024 at 8:16 AM, Duncan said:

You might be able to find the engine number (if about it hasn't been painted over....) the prefix should be rb25 or rb20

Would it be easier to remove the turbo manifold?

On 24/4/2024 at 11:06 AM, WMDC35 said:

It's most likely a 25, has vct and alloy cas, only 20 neo has vct but would have plastic cas 

Okay guess what I found the block print has RB25 on it stupid f**ks literally has orange over spray on it it has a VCT Drain…so that rules out a neo

On 24/4/2024 at 8:16 AM, Duncan said:

You might be able to find the engine number (if about it hasn't been painted over....) the prefix should be rb25 or rb20

Gave  a nice look has RB25 but had orange spray over it and block is stamped 

“JAPAN” 75T which I’ve searched and it’s an rb25det block and no igniter on coil pack soo am I safe to assume it’s a S2 RB25DET..with a RB26 Intake plenum? I’ll be going for a plazmaman or a diff intake plenum kit suited for an rb25det can that give me a headache? If I leave the 26 on? Can that be the reason it’s running shit I’m happy to pay $$ for information on building it properly with a nice aeroflow 6262 .84 T4 turbo (either 50mm wastegate or 2x44mm wastegate 🤷🏻‍♂️ I was planning on forging the rods / pistons / tomei valve springs , Cams , e85 / flex  respray the whole car and a Rocket Bunny kit and a nice set of coilovers, link ecu? Or are there better ones for cheaper that can handle what I want & I heard these motors are good stock to push 400-500hp? Unless I read wrong  (But the way these retards painted it I think it’s safer to build the motor ground up as I want to run the 5-600hp mark figure 

And I found out these r32 coupes are rare with a sunroof? And omg guys you should see the interior you guys will cry definitely going to do a overhaul

Re trying to identify what it might (or might not be) a bit better, can you post up some good clear pics of the plenum and where it is bolted to the throttles/intake manifold/whatever is there.

An rb26 inlet manifold does not bolt straight onto an rb25 head due to different port placement/shapes, so there is either some sort of adapter plate, or it is a 26 head 

5 hours ago, R32.RB said:

Can that be the reason it’s running shit

Most likely it's tuning related.

That plenum is fine, moving to a Plazmaman you won't notice much of a difference.

If you want supreme low down, better off with the stock intake manifold & plenum OR the Rajab top half.

A Precision or Turbosmart 6262 is too big for what you want, and big boost with Tomei Valve springs also a fail.

You can make 373kW on a stock motor with just head studs, sensible timing in the mid range and it will last for your intended purposes (won't last on the track for too long).

6 hours ago, Duncan said:

Re trying to identify what it might (or might not be) a bit better, can you post up some good clear pics of the plenum and where it is bolted to the throttles/intake manifold/whatever is there.

An rb26 inlet manifold does not bolt straight onto an rb25 head due to different port placement/shapes, so there is either some sort of adapter plate, or it is a 26 head 

To me it just looks like an rb25 Freddy plenum.

7 hours ago, Duncan said:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/mLzg1Pm

1 hour ago, UWISSH! said:

To me it just looks like an rb25 Freddy plenum.

IMG_6488.thumb.jpeg.02bb195285bbf54073380cd0083dd74b.jpegIMG_6490.thumb.jpeg.2da5d96bd206f232a4f79ab16734c22c.jpegIMG_6492.thumb.jpeg.2d8307755b0e79d5fcd1b44b1bbae6a4.jpegIMG_6489.thumb.jpeg.661d8636af37098f742a7d972607c10b.jpegIMG_6487.thumb.jpeg.3d17b886ea0da76ac84abed1e3f09c05.jpegIMG_6485.thumb.jpeg.76000df437f27273c8451f6d14c10d94.jpegIMG_6486.thumb.jpeg.08d0b073b4f9f953e9cc4c9ca87e7149.jpegIMG_6491.thumb.jpeg.0601f41adbf53780d0465c629f905534.jpegIMG_6482.thumb.jpeg.8e1eb7e2de60c370559f58ffea7658a6.jpeg

Wasn’t sure if you guys trusted me with my links so I figured it out

IMG_6485.jpeg

8 hours ago, Duncan said:

Yes I Was reading that up, some places are doing those adapter / weld on ones, and blitz ones are out of production im totally unsure but I have definitely just uploaded pics hope this helps thanks 

23 minutes ago, R32.RB said:

Is a Freddy a fake Greddy?

It is, and you do. Everything points at it being a series 2 non NEO rb25. Of course, unknown internals so you don't know how hard you can push the setup.  If you can get hold of a borescope you could check the top of the pistons for stock or aftermarket markings, but that still won't tell you want rods you have which is arguably more important for  higher power

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan said:

It is, and you do. Everything points at it being a series 2 non NEO rb25. Of course, unknown internals so you don't know how hard you can push the setup.  If you can get hold of a borescope you could check the top of the pistons for stock or aftermarket markings, but that still won't tell you want rods you have which is arguably more important for  higher power

Yeah ofc, as the car sat for a while I have no problems just going to buy a whole new pistons , rods , cams etc 

6 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Sorry when you mean I do, do you mean I’ve got a Freddy one?

55 minutes ago, R32.RB said:

Freddy one?

Fake GReddy = Freddy

1 hour ago, R32.RB said:

Yes I Was reading that up, some places are doing those adapter / weld on ones, and blitz ones are out of production im totally unsure but I have definitely just uploaded pics hope this helps thanks 

Don't waste your money, money better spent on good engine management, modern injectors, drive by wire (so you can delete all that cable throttle, idle control valve junk).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Fake GReddy = Freddy

Don't waste your money, money better spent on good engine management, modern injectors, drive by wire (so you can delete all that cable throttle, idle control valve junk).

No no no im

not going to buy that junk I was assuming that’s what’s on the motor I would love a forward facing plenum, maybe a plenum for rb25det and a 90mm throttle body