SAU Community

Genuine nismo N1 rear pods - anyone got any?

I’m sure this has been discussed many times. But anyone have any or know someone that is selling genuine N1 rear pods? I’m still shocked no one replicates these yet. Looking to buy some. Added a photo of the part. 👍🏻

IMG_2261.png

1 hour ago, Sleepergm said:

I’m sure this has been discussed many times. But anyone have any or know someone that is selling genuine N1 rear pods? I’m still shocked no one replicates these yet. Looking to buy some. Added a photo of the part. 👍🏻

IMG_2261.png

I have heard that these are being reproduced in ABS plastic. Announcement to the public is some time in the near future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joshuaho96 said:

I have heard that these are being reproduced in ABS plastic. Announcement to the public is some time in the near future.

So your saying I should hold off on sourcing the originals. Any more specific timeline from the inside man? :) ... We talking a month or two tops?

And thanks

35 minutes ago, joshuaho96 said:

https://www.instagram.com/highintakeperformance/p/C7shBy-R3zo/?img_index=2

Looks like it's official. The originals are some kind of weird foam that is pretty fragile. 

Nice just got in contact with them and thanks. 550 usd for the replica. Hoping they are top notch quality in abs material it seems. Have u worked with them before? ETA 3-4 months for everyone that wants to know. 

5 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

FWIW @Duncan, I think these go over the tail end of the side skirt, not as pods behind the rear arch. A bit of a stupid thing - could never understand why they exist.

That is correct. My advice would be to get the top secret ones as they are top notch quality … I have them on my car now. That is for the rear spat n1 style ones.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

The Trust ones (and copies like these) seem to be what a lot of people use as rear pods.

https://justjap.com/products/jsai-aero-trust-style-rear-pods-nissan-r32-gtr?_pos=2&_sid=87e5511d7&_ss=r

Yeah I wouldn’t recommend them. I have them on mine and the fitment is horrible. I’m a perfectionist and u cant the material to bend and adapt flush. Here are photos of mine I have … after two fittings. 

8f769994-e523-4a9b-a40f-51bd991e1838.jpeg

c0487d18-edf0-4721-9aae-f600f959f5bc.jpeg

073ab83b-93ea-41ca-b674-54bc2fa70f16.jpeg

Edited by Sleepergm

• 2 weeks later...