SAU Community

Can anyone shed some insight on this Turbo?

The previous owner told me that he had a shop replace the old turbos with these. https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/garrett-rb26dett-gruppe-n-turbo-upgrade.html

Anyone know anything about them?  Looks like they are just GT2860R's? Not sure why they are renamed Grup-N... 

Does the compressor wheel look like they are in okay condition?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Group N is a type of limited modification production rally, I agree they ware probably just -5s or similar. You really need the details from the tag on the core to tell, the housings don't tell you much because they can be machined to suit many cores.

For checking the compressor, all you need is to see no physical damage. The amount of movement in the shaft (side to side and forward/backward) is what matters 

Interesting. I never made the connection on the Group N. Always read it like "gruppin".

What's the difference between -5 and -7?

On 6/9/2024 at 1:19 AM, r32-25t said:

The 5 is bigger then the 7 

I never cared for twins but whenever these conversations came up, I always presumed the higher number represented a larger turbo. Learn something new everyday. 

4 hours ago, TurboTapin said:

I never cared for twins but whenever these conversations came up, I always presumed the higher number represented a larger turbo. Learn something new everyday. 

From now on read it as minus 5 and minus 7 instead of dash, and you're correct...

The -9 is absolutely regarded as the best choice lol. It's a 'better -7' with -5 and -10 being too big.

There's probably better twins nowadays, but just throw a single on and that sums up about 30,000 posts on this topic.

I will also have to claim the defence that I have never really cared about twins. I must be mis-remembering that people preferred the larger power of the -7s over the better matched setup of the -9s.