SAU Community

Ball Joints and Lower Control Arms

Hey all, my V35's front balljoints and lower control arm bushes are shot, so will have to buy some new ones. Just want to check if these are the correct ones and if y'all have any places within AU that supply these parts, or would I be better off shipping some in from the US (z1, concept z, etc)? I'm currently in ACT. 

I'm looking for sparkplugs as well but can't seem to find them locally.

I found this site that sells Mevotech ball joints: https://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/front-ball-joint-lower-outer-nissan-z33v35am35-p-1990.html

Lower control arm: https://justjap.com/products/sterling-front-lower-control-arm-r-h-straight-fits-nissan-m35-stagea-v35-skyline-z33-350z?variant=44217571377351&currency=AUD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Advanced feed&utm_content=Sterling Front Lower Control Arm R%2FH (Straight) Fits Nissan M35 Stagea%2C V35 Skyline %26 Z33 350Z&utm_campaign=gs-2022-07-20&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwps-zBhAiEiwALwsVYYAaGCq4d8TaCWYiuo62l_F9zi69FBW9ErruC5gpxu_euNqnxjPa_BoC6FcQAvD_BwE

I swapped my ball joints about 4 years ago, I bought the SPD ball joints from conceptZ, they are still working, but the boots fell apart after a few months.  I notice they don't sell these anymore, maybe that is why.  I ended up buying the replacement poly boots, which haven't split, but they open a gap when the suspension compresses, so I don't recommend them either. No idea about the Mevotech ball joints..  I would be surprised if you can't find these ball joints locally too, just search for 350Z rather than V35

That said, if you are going to the effort of pressing the ball joints out/in the steering knuckle (which is a pain of a job), the why not just also go with new bushes in your current LCAs?  you can get the superpro poly bushes locally.

Shock Absorber Lower Bush Kit (fulcrumsuspensions.com.au)

Control Arm Lower-Inner Bush Kit (fulcrumsuspensions.com.au)

• Like 1

spark plugs are just NGK LFR5AIX-11 for the iridium, or PLFR5A-11 for the platinum.  you should be able to get these just about anywhere.

• Like 1