SAU Community

r34 Skyline 25 Gt four GTR conversion (ENR34)

I'm a life long lover of the R34 GTR and whilst they were attainable when i was a kid now that I'm an adult they are totally unobtanium thanks to the collector car market. from My research it seems the ENR34 shares the Atessa AWD system of the GTR, are the only drive train differences between an ENR34 and BNR34 the gear box and engine? because if so would it not then be possible to "build my own GTR" (speaking purely in regards to drivetrain) with an engine swap to an ENR34 and maybe platinum racing Atessa ETS pro system? does anyone know what the differences are between ENR34 and BNR34 rear diff's? because if the only difference is that one has an LSD and the other doesn't that's also a relatively easy thing to correct. From research on this forum it seems that the ENR34 uses the same gearbox as the r32-r33 gtr. I don't care about an interior conversion nor do I care about an exterior conversion, the bottom line is that I'm asking if I can build an ENR34 that drives like a BNR34 with the above drive train upgrades and aftermarket suspension. even if it costs 30 grand to upgrade the drive train of an ENR34 to be close to that of a BNR34 it would still be a fraction of the cost of buying an actual GTR Afterall, and I don't care if I'm not driving the genuine article I just want a car that drives as similarly as possible to the BNR34. 

*EDIT ( I know the obvious answer to this question is "for how much this would cost you could just buy an r32 GTR" i know that, but I dont love the r32 GTR or the R33 GTR so I would never buy one of them, I do however love the R34 enough to be willing to spend even as much as 60k on this conversion even knowing that if i chose to sell it I would be lucky to get 20 grand for it later.)

Edited by Auto Budha in training

Honestly not that great, you have to mod the shit out of them.
They (R34 GT-Rs) were good value when they were selling for 45-65k AUD but now there's no point, better off spending half on a modern performance car (which will chop the GT-R in every metric except maybe internet points).