SAU Community

Has my R32 Climate Control Unit met its demise?

TurboTapin

It was pouring rain Friday night, and my windshield started fogging up. Went to turn on the defogger and to my surprise, my climate control doesn't turn on. The recirc and defogger light strangely stay lit though. I'm presuming it's dead, but has anyone had this before and resolved it?

Looking this up online, I found a few mentions of bad solders on the connector between the two PCB's or the connector itself being dirty. I resoldered the connector on both ends and cleaned it but it's still not powering up. No other dry solders that I could see or any components that were toast. I found a few used ones at ridiculous prices (600-800$ CAD). A new one is 790$ shipped to my door. So as mentioned, before I order a new one, has anyone seen this and fixed it? 

image.thumb.jpeg.61b4eb3a375d713344807cb86ee09134.jpeg

11 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

See if you can power it up on the bench.

Already done, along with confirming all the wiring to the unit checks out. It's more of a wild goose chase in hopes that someone else found a failed solder, bad component, etc. within the unit itself.

I have a feeling I'll have to just order a new one. 

Edited by TurboTapin

1 hour ago, soviet_merlin said:

How come you can get this in new? Is it part of the heritage program? Personally for a hundred dollars difference I wouldn't gamble on another used one.

It's just a regular Nissan part you can get from your dealer or online. Part# 28525-05U12. I just went and ordered one as I don't see any other option. Cheers. 

Edited by TurboTapin
  • Thanks 1