You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• If it's just a streeter, then you'll probably never work it hard enough to actually require a PS cooler of any sort. But I not only retained the cooler....I installed an auto tranny cooler in place of the shitty little pipe loop. I wont no excuses for excess heat causing me any troubles, even if my car is 99.998% street. So, yes. plumb the loop back into the low pressure return to the pump. Or go one better like I did. Or.... don't de-vane the R32 pump and just run the loop only through the cooler instead of via the back of the car. Same same with less work.
    • Hey this maybe a silly question. But I've recently purchased a delete kit. The guide I was following instructs you to delete all the lines from the hicus power steering pump and to de-vain the pump. I followed the lines and it goes to the power steering cooler. My question is do I need this? Should I be plumbing this back up to create cooled loop back to the pump from the res?     
    • Haven't done much with this, other than drive once a fortnight. I did drive it every day last week as it was the end of the club reg year and there was plenty of available days left over. Felt good actually using it and giving it a bit of a thrash. I did confirm the timing a while back, was just under 16° retarded it back to just under 15°. Clocked up around 2500km now. It's been running on the good ol Castrol edge 10w-60. Should probably change it soon as I've not done many long trips and there's probably a fair bit of e85 dilution happening. In other news got my 'rare' light up garnish working again. Was just a questionable crimp on 1 of the wires. Wire was barely hanging on to the terminal and fell off when I knocked it recently. Re crimped it and it's lighting up like a champ again.        
    • Speed mismatch coupled with some synchro wear. Gearbags are not full of magic. They have their limits.
    • Hoping someone can shed some light on this... All 1 - 5 shifting is smooth, all 2 - 4 down shifting is smooth EXCEPT when I'm in 5th, go to neutral, then down shift to 4th (speed matches 3rd/4th, could've possibly been a bit slow for 4th). It grinds and won't go in, almost feels like as if the clutch is not pressed in. I typically don't go to neutral then 4th, but today I did for whatever reason and noticed it. It will happen every time, but if I go straight from 5th to 4th, zero grind, very smooth. Super odd. I haven't tried double-clutching to see if that helps, but tbh, I'll just never go to neutral, just wondering what would cause it to grind only in that scenario.