SAU Community

Flex fuel sensor for r32 skyline with rb20det

Hey all,

I have a r32 gts4 skyline with an rb20det . It has a full top end build and it pushing around 400 at the wheels. It’s currently on e85 and I was considering a flex fuel sensor as I’m only 19 and running e85 as a “daily” seems like a bad financial decision. Any advice how much a flex fuel sensor would cost in Australia for my skyline fitted and tuned. Also is it bad for my engine to run 98 with it being a “high performance” engine. Im new to turbo cars as I’ve come from na falcons so any help to gain more knowledge would be extremely appreciated.

thanks In advance.

Your location?

My advice as an old fart: spend as least amount of money on your car as possible, once you have a large income, then you can spend absurd amounts on your car.

haha you're not going to like my old fart advice either....don't daily drive a 400kw car. It will chew fuel (e85 or 98), drive grumpy, break down, be annoying and noisy and be absolutely impossible to get parts when you have an inevitable crash (your fault or not).....just buy a $5k shitter for daily and enjoy the car on weekends

flex fuel would cost about 1000 to buy and install the sensor and to do the flex fuel tune, assuming the ECU can take it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a 98 tune, it is actually e85 you have to be careful of (specifically, when you first start running it a lot of crap gets cleaned out of the old fuel system and ends up in fuel pump strainers, fuel filters and injector baskets) and also if it sits a while it attracts moisture and contaminates engine oil.