SAU Community

ECUtek + Credits?=Tune VR30DDTT

So priced up a ECUtek bluetooth Dongle for my 2020 V37 400R and after reading No Tuning credits included i thought i will investigate this.

So looking into what this was i stumbled across a ECUtek dealer where you can buy Flash points or Tuning credits for $2.50 each.

then i went down the list of tunes they have for engines/cars and i see VR30DDTT for 300x Points.

so is this meaning that a tune for my VR30 is going to cost 2.50x300

Im guessing its just for the file no dyno tune?

or am i completley wrong? 

Well, I've got no idea how ECUtek's tuning works, but I am interested in what you learn :)

Total guess, but I'd expect anyone tuning an existing tune file it will be a remap for a stock or mildly modified car (eg new exhaust) and will be locked so you can't see or modify it yourself

13 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Well, I've got no idea how ECUtek's tuning works, but I am interested in what you learn :)

Total guess, but I'd expect anyone tuning an existing tune file it will be a remap for a stock or mildly modified car (eg new exhaust) and will be locked so you can't see or modify it yourself

With ECUTek you purchase a "key" to load and modify the tune, once you buy the "key", cable and software you can play around all you want, the tune and ability to change it is locked to that cars ECU's with the "key" though

My 86 ran ECUTek, Pulse Racing could run it up, log and play with the tune to get it on point, same thing is currently going on with the MX5 at MX5 Mania as we speak

Ok nice so im guessing its kinda like the Cobb for my WRX where its married to the ECU?

So 1 dongle and it must be in the car to use that tune so you cant just by 1 dongle and use it on all your cars?

so im paying $750 for the VR30DDTT key and then i can use it as much as i want for that car?

2 hours ago, HYBRID VL said:

Ok nice so im guessing its kinda like the Cobb for my WRX where its married to the ECU?

So 1 dongle and it must be in the car to use that tune so you cant just by 1 dongle and use it on all your cars?

so im paying $750 for the VR30DDTT key and then i can use it as much as i want for that car?

I would email them for the info you require and if/how they support your car with setup and features 

There's also a ton of YouTube vids with ECUTek stuff out there as well

• Like 1