SAU Community

Who puts a GT-V front bar on a GTT?

So I've had this very confusing question in my head: What on all things that is holy is the front bumper on my GTT and why on earth is it sooooo different to other OEM bumpers? 

The biggest giveaway for me was the different indicators I had at the front. I've done some Googling today and figured out that it's actually a front bumper from a GT-V. After having a panic attack that I might have bought an NA thinking it was a turbo, then triple confirming it did have a turbo, I started wondering how I can get my hands on a proper GTT OEM front bar. 

But it also got me thinking, this GT-V bumper probably does not do my engine any good right? I've got the stock intercoolers but they are probably not getting decent air thanks to there being no vents!! It's got some small vents on the bottom of the bar but that's about it. Should I be worried about the amount of airflow coming onto the engine? 

Also, when I get the front bumper, I'm also going to have to buy the indicators to go along with them *Sigh*

1bec45aa-4016-4977-9f80-a59bed3f5e91.thumb.jpeg.26faf4730ddb5cc63012d45d6a95b176.jpeg

You have a series 2.
That is a normal series 2 bumper.

It has that design for GT, GTV and GT-T trims.

The GT-T Series 2 bumper will have a vent on the passenger side, which is where the intercooler is mounted.

image.thumb.png.f98c879d15c39170df8a25dce2a5c4ae.png

Here's a pic from your own thread.

If you want a S1 bumper, you will also need to buy the headlight support brackets as they are understandably different.

If you want to fit a front mount intercooler one day, PM ME because you need to cut up some brackets from the OEM reinforcement bar. I would love to have an unmolested reinforcement bar and you can have my pre-cut one :p

• Like 1

Oh yes!! 
Just put my chassis # in here and it does say series 2: https://gtr-registry.com/en-er34-vin-table.php

I actually feel less worried about the previous owner sniffing paint now. But honestly, this bumper makes it looks like a Mitsubishi Magna! Everything is nice and square until you get to the indicators 🥺

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DraftySquash said:

But honestly, this bumper makes it looks like a Mitsubishi Magna!

Could be worse. You could have an R33, which looks like a Magna was rear ended by a Maxima.

28 minutes ago, DraftySquash said:

Everything is nice and square until you get to the indicators

Don't fret. It's a four door. No one really cares what it looks like at the front and rear ends.

• Haha 1