SAU Community

New from Canada

Hey everyone! 

After having all kinds of other jdm cars in the past I finally got my hands on a skyline! Say hello to my 1990 GTST!

RDzirf.jpg

INPifP.jpg

uJXAfr.jpg

Ended up trading a Harley for it which I was trying to sell to fund a skyline, normally things don’t work out that easily lol.

Lots of little odds and ends done to it which I’m still finding. Biggest thing that needed to be done was fix a massive fuel leak which was bad enough that the engine wasn’t starting. Ended up only being a pinched O-Ring and dirty injectors. Swapped a 2nd set in that came with the car and drove it into the garage

fTICMV.jpg

Next up will be cleaning up the underside (lots of old rubberized undercoating everywhere) giving it a good coat of POR15 and getting some of the smaller things taken care of

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TurboTapin said:

Nice car, you'll enjoy it! I take it from that plate, you're in New Brunswick? 

Thanks! I’m actually from Prince Edward Island, the NB plate on the ground was from one of the many old projects around

• Like 1

19 hours ago, funkymonkey said:

Welcome to SAU. Looks great. I’ve got a soft spot for Do-Luck body kits on R32s, can’t wait to see it painted!

Thanks! It definitely looks a little better now. Hit it with some bumper paint for the time being, the entire car (minus the carbon fenders) will be getting either resprayed or wrapped at some point but that bumper just stood out too much lol 

cP0rPi.jpg

• Like 2

Nice car! Looks like a good base for "restomod"ification. 👍

My first (and to date only 😔) Skyline was an HCR32 2-door so a big fan of these. 

On 17/7/2024 at 8:44 AM, funkymonkey said:

Have you seen the original Do-Luck demo 32? It had this suuuper deep candy brown/gold that looked amazing.

d9-352-58415.jpg?20230210192145

Well I definitely have a new option for a future colour, I’m a big fan of that! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• If it's just a streeter, then you'll probably never work it hard enough to actually require a PS cooler of any sort. But I not only retained the cooler....I installed an auto tranny cooler in place of the shitty little pipe loop. I wont no excuses for excess heat causing me any troubles, even if my car is 99.998% street. So, yes. plumb the loop back into the low pressure return to the pump. Or go one better like I did. Or.... don't de-vane the R32 pump and just run the loop only through the cooler instead of via the back of the car. Same same with less work.
    • Hey this maybe a silly question. But I've recently purchased a delete kit. The guide I was following instructs you to delete all the lines from the hicus power steering pump and to de-vain the pump. I followed the lines and it goes to the power steering cooler. My question is do I need this? Should I be plumbing this back up to create cooled loop back to the pump from the res?     
    • Haven't done much with this, other than drive once a fortnight. I did drive it every day last week as it was the end of the club reg year and there was plenty of available days left over. Felt good actually using it and giving it a bit of a thrash. I did confirm the timing a while back, was just under 16° retarded it back to just under 15°. Clocked up around 2500km now. It's been running on the good ol Castrol edge 10w-60. Should probably change it soon as I've not done many long trips and there's probably a fair bit of e85 dilution happening. In other news got my 'rare' light up garnish working again. Was just a questionable crimp on 1 of the wires. Wire was barely hanging on to the terminal and fell off when I knocked it recently. Re crimped it and it's lighting up like a champ again.        
    • Speed mismatch coupled with some synchro wear. Gearbags are not full of magic. They have their limits.
    • Hoping someone can shed some light on this... All 1 - 5 shifting is smooth, all 2 - 4 down shifting is smooth EXCEPT when I'm in 5th, go to neutral, then down shift to 4th (speed matches 3rd/4th, could've possibly been a bit slow for 4th). It grinds and won't go in, almost feels like as if the clutch is not pressed in. I typically don't go to neutral then 4th, but today I did for whatever reason and noticed it. It will happen every time, but if I go straight from 5th to 4th, zero grind, very smooth. Super odd. I haven't tried double-clutching to see if that helps, but tbh, I'll just never go to neutral, just wondering what would cause it to grind only in that scenario.