SAU Community

Series 2 headlights?

Hello everyone. I’ve done some quick research on the headlights for my car. I have a 1995 GTST coupe made 6/1995. So I’m assuming it’s a series 2. I would like to replace my headlights with something brighter for night driving but I can’t find anything for series 2 headlights and GTR headlights won’t fit. Anyone have any recommendations on what I can do? Any ideas/advice/help would be appreciated 

1995 might not be S2 as there’s some early 95 that aren’t. Post a pic of your car and we can say for sure pretty quickly.

You can get HID kits which replace the bulbs with higher discharge bulbs for more light output.

33 headlights also tend to go opaque from UV exposure, so cutting it back and polishing will also improve light output.

3 hours ago, funkymonkey said:

1995 might not be S2 as there’s some early 95 that aren’t. Post a pic of your car and we can say for sure pretty quickly.

You can get HID kits which replace the bulbs with higher discharge bulbs for more light output.

33 headlights also tend to go opaque from UV exposure, so cutting it back and polishing will also improve light output.

It isn’t allowing me to add a pic without doing it as a url. I’m not even sure how to do that. I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to things like that lol

Restore your headlights if they're gone to shit and try LEDs first perhaps. Getting new headlights or retrofitting projectors is a costly exercise.

1 hour ago, Celticsfan03 said:

It isn’t allowing me to add a pic without doing it as a url

I just screen grab the piece of image I want to post and paste it directly into the message compose box.

Don't put HID or LED bulbs in reflectors, glare and the output isn't good.

If you want modern style lighting, no choice but to retrofit (should cost below $1,000 all up if you do it yourself). Series 3 GT-R projector headlights are super expensive.

The outer plastic lens must be clear, any hazing/yellowing dramatically reduces output.

Alternatively if you're doing country driving, can try a light bar for high beam?