You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I mean ideally trims are there because base tables are never 100% accurate. You want them to be as accurate as you can possibly get them, but temperature variations, different altitude, heat, everything likes to mess with how accurate a base table can be. Fuel trims and Narrowband/Wideband fuel control exist to realistically fill this gap/fuzzy factor, and do their job great. But while they will drag your AFR/Lambda to a target, you want them to have to do as little work as possible. Don't tweak any of this stuff without a wideband. Unless it's something like "Disable 'Ghost Cam' because it's very obvious when looking into the Tune", you are guessing with regards to your AFR. You are absolutely right and it's far better to spend the money on a Wideband controller (especially with haltech) and the fab to get it plumbed in NOT where the narrowbands sit (it is supposed to be 1 meter from the turbo), and teach yourself all this little finicky stuff. This is stuff no tuner can ever really be expected to get perfect, but the owner of the car will see SO much livability improvements by learning and tweaking these things - With the proper tools. It IS the difference between "Oh yeah my tuned car drives a bit like a tuned car" and "My car drives like a factory car" It does take a lot of time and tweaking and fun, but you'd never want to be paying $150 an hour for someone else to spend that much time on it.
    • All sounds good, thanks for that. I'm not starting from scratch as the car is tuned prob 95% just trying to clean up drivability myself as it's obviously really expensive to keep paying a tuner for diminishing returns. The fuel tables are set up decent, as is the basic setup.. i think
    • LTFT is a useful tool, but always ask yourself why it's correcting first (I.E is it being too aggressive? is it fighting with decel?). Also more importantly, manually smooth out your fuel map afterwards as it will make it ugly and lumpy after applying. 
    • Not at all, it's there for a reason. Both ST and LT fuel trims are there to be used. Think of a modern EFI stock car, they utilise both ST and LT as well. Of course you want to have the injector data, coolant temp, fuel temp, fuel density, baro, air temp tables all correctly defined with fuel trims against them so your LT and ST aren't working hard to meet the AFR targets. You'll also find that with bigger cams, you might need to target a bit richer than stoich as you'll find it will buckle. I'll send some screen shots of how I set things up (once Lenovo the pricks send back my laptop, been 3x weeks to replace a mobo under warranty).
    • The MAP prediction setup looks complex to me, i don't understand any of the 4 pages really 🤷🏻‍♂️. I'll have to do some research   Also, from your experience, should i be afraid of using the LTFT as a means to improve drivability over time?