SAU Community

R34 GT-R Positive Battery Cable Routing

Trying to install the positive long positive battery cable and protectors from a factory GT-R into my GT-T (i have the cable and protectors and clips).  I have googled and watched YouTube videos and am unable to locate the mounting points and exact routing of the BNR34 positive battery cable that goes from the trunk battery to the front fuse box in the engine bay.  The best photo i have have found is attached which shows it running up the outer side of the driver side subframe and underneath into the engine bay.  Does anyone have any photos or routing for the rear?  There is a grommet that that it goes through on the passenger side behind the battery above the fuel tank, and i believe it gets mounts over the hump in the subframe towards the passenger side.  I'm hoping anyone who has a R33 or R34 with a factory trunk battery can post some photos of the routing of the cable.  Appreciate the help!

PositveCableFrontBottem.thumb.JPG.5a10642b7dbf2fff1fbacb9d033ccfd9.JPG

5 hours ago, duggyphresh said:

Trying to install the positive long positive battery cable and protectors from a factory GT-R into my GT-T (i have the cable and protectors and clips).  I have googled and watched YouTube videos and am unable to locate the mounting points and exact routing of the BNR34 positive battery cable that goes from the trunk battery to the front fuse box in the engine bay.  The best photo i have have found is attached which shows it running up the outer side of the driver side subframe and underneath into the engine bay.  Does anyone have any photos or routing for the rear?  There is a grommet that that it goes through on the passenger side behind the battery above the fuel tank, and i believe it gets mounts over the hump in the subframe towards the passenger side.  I'm hoping anyone who has a R33 or R34 with a factory trunk battery can post some photos of the routing of the cable.  Appreciate the help!

PositveCableFrontBottem.thumb.JPG.5a10642b7dbf2fff1fbacb9d033ccfd9.JPG

image.thumb.png.2f2d568fde07945e294985b9d929a7bc.png

image.thumb.png.8280cf3edda9e1d861dfa26980125bc3.png

I can take some better pictures when I get around to pulling the transmission on my R33 but this will probably give you some idea of where it's routed. 

On 7/19/2024 at 1:59 PM, joshuaho96 said:

image.thumb.png.2f2d568fde07945e294985b9d929a7bc.png

image.thumb.png.8280cf3edda9e1d861dfa26980125bc3.png

I can take some better pictures when I get around to pulling the transmission on my R33 but this will probably give you some idea of where it's routed. 

Thanks, i have those photos and the R34 version.  It's where the wire crosses from the passenger side to the drivers side that I'm unsure about.  I'm pretty sure it follows/mounts to the arch of the rear subframe, but i have been unable to confirm.  Photos would be great!!  Thanks

37 minutes ago, duggyphresh said:

I'm pretty sure it follows/mounts to the arch of the rear subframe

If by this you mean the stiffening rib in the floopan, then probably yes. There would be no way that it would be attached to the actual subframe. That would be silly.

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

If by this you mean the stiffening rib in the floopan, then probably yes. There would be no way that it would be attached to the actual subframe. That would be silly.

Possibly, like i said, i just don't know.  I'm only guessing by the shape of the cable.  Stiffening rib would make more sense though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2024 at 5:46 PM, duggyphresh said:

Possibly, like i said, i just don't know.  I'm only guessing by the shape of the cable.  Stiffening rib would make more sense though.

IMG_7438.HEICIMG_7436.HEICIMG_7435.HEIC

Not sure why these images refuse to be uploaded in jpeg format but that's the way it goes. Basically runs just to the right of the brake lines, up and around the top side of the front of the fuel tank, makes a turn and heads back at the corner, then the last bit goes straight up near the wheel well into the trunk.

20 hours ago, joshuaho96 said:

IMG_7438.HEICIMG_7436.HEICIMG_7435.HEIC

Not sure why these images refuse to be uploaded in jpeg format but that's the way it goes. Basically runs just to the right of the brake lines, up and around the top side of the front of the fuel tank, makes a turn and heads back at the corner, then the last bit goes straight up near the wheel well into the trunk.

They have some strange meta data. I was able to repair them on my Mac.

image.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_7436.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...