SAU Community

2020 Skyline V37 amp and sub replacing and using factory wiring harness.

So i have an amp and a subs and looking to install them myself which i have done numerous times but i have never done it in a car that has a sub and amp from factory.

now i was wondering if i can just unplug the old amp and sub wiring harness and just use those connections that are already in the boot of my car for all my +and- and remote and L+R for my amp and subs i want to install?

just instead of running the cable kit from the battery and a set of RCA leads(if stock stereo allows this).

would make for a stock looking setup from the engine bay.

is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...

Having done a plug conversion on an Accord Euro (CU2) trying to use as much factory bits as possible, it will depend on your head unit. TBH saving the big headaches of figuring out wiring diagrams and stuff, just run your own wires, bypass all the factory crap.

I went to the trouble of getting plugs from aliexpress that'll fit the factory Accord Panasonic unit (it's like a 7ch system). Much easier just to run wires separately.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Next was to address securing the spare. I don't think it will go anywhere unless I roll the car (which I'm not intending to do until *after* i start race/rallying it  ) While there are quicker options if I had a hoist (like welding a nut under the floor and securing through the wheel stud hole  or even a central bolt wide enough for the hub bore, I went the easy option on the floor. I took 2x stainless M6 eye bolts And put 2 M6 rivuts through the floor, the secured the wheel with a very short rubber strap There is nothing under the floor to worry about on my car so I just picked a flat section so the rivnuts would sit nicely.  I did initially drop the exhaust heatshield but where I actually put the rivnuts cleared that anyway *flicks strap* "that ain't going anywhere!"
    • So, that gets me a usable spare front and rear so I ditched the run flats and got a set of (chinese) Pirelli Powergy 245/45R19 to replace then (the rears were down to the wear markers so it was due. Interestingly the run flats were 31kg per corner (wheel and tyre) and the regular tyres are way lighter at 26kg per corner. Yes, 20% lighter in the same size on the same wheel!
    • And that's where the problems started So it turns out that despite the Mustang having big brakes, they are lower profile than the Red Sport ones, and the 19x5 + 5 offset Mustang spare fits the rear OK but fouls the caliper in the front. A 5mm slip on spacer cleared the brake by 0.3mm (according to the feeler gauge) but not only is that way to tight for my liking, there was only about 3 1/2 threads (5mm) for the wheel nut which doesn't meet the rule of thumb as the same width of threads as the diameter of the bolt (12mm in this case) So, I grabbed a 15mm bolt on spacer that I'll carry and use if the front is flat (not required for the rear). It gives plenty of clearance and fits fine,  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/166584112103 Unfortunately they come with 19mm nuts for the spacer to hub so I need to carry a 21 to 19mm adapter in the car as well. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/194044924912 And final complexity, although the PCD for Skyline and Mustang is the same, the hub bore diameter is not. While that wouldn't worry me too much for general wheels, I wasn't happy with the spare only being located by the studs, so I bought a hub adapter as well to centre the wheel properly. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221759295514 All in all, a bit of a pain, but better than being left with a flat one the side of the road...
    • Reg is dead! No freeing that thing, rail is ok.   lines were backwards but not anymore.  let’s see what this new reg does. Hopefully the injector’s don’t need to come out 🤞
    • Thanks Matt. Yes, at the end of a long process it will be stripped and caged assuming it all works OK, but I have a few things to sort first; most importantly wheels and race tyres and some track time to see how it goes before I commit too much. To get there though, first I need to get the spare tyre sorted so I don't need the run flats and can put some decent tyres on either the factory rims or something aftermarket. So first, size. The depression in the boot is only 660mm wide which limits the height of the spare (for example, the fuga one does not fit) p9-9 of the factory user manual says Mexico, Middle East and South America got a spare, in 145/70R18 (660mm high). Its not clear if that goes over the Red Sport brakes and in any case I couldn't find a part number so I didn't go genuine.  Next, the tyre placard for mine says 245/40RF19 (678mm high) but the car has 245/45R19 fitted (704mm). I'm OK with the taller tyres day to day because they help the speedo be a little more accurate (it still reads about 2% over), but they make it hard to sort a proper spare of a similar height. Then, to sourcing a wheel and tyre. There are spare tyre listings for Infiniti Red Sport in both UK and US, but price+shipping was crazy, so I looked for local alternatives. It turns out not supplying a spare is the new black, and there are a few options listed for other cars. In particular, Mustang GT comes with big brakes from factory and our friends at ford use the same wheel stud layout as nissan (yes, fitting falcon steelies for burnouts is a potential option...) at 5x114.3 So, I bought this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/335566379123?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=ormGmo1aTQG&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=dJvnaZ11TB-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY. I went to the shop so that I could trial fit it to both the boot space and the car, and they were able to do a little cheaper than the ebay price That tyre is 135/17R19 which is 670mm high, or about 5% smaller than the other tyres on my car. Guidelines I saw said up to 6% is OK so I'll go with it.