SAU Community

Farewell Neil.....hope the tracks are awesome where you are going

Duncan

Really sad news to hear!! 

I’ve scheduled a post on our SAU FB and Insta for later this morning, which I hope will do him justice!! I tried fitting in some quotes from you all into the post, but stupid FB and Insta have a character limit… 

Neil meant a great deal to many people… I remember emailing with him early in my tenure in the committee to get him his (at the time) new Life Member card… he was pretty chuffed - I could tell he loved SAU and it would be from the memories made with all of you… 

Rest in Peace Neil!! You’ll be dearly missed!! 

• Like 1

This is really sad news to hear and it has taken me a few days to come to grips with the loss of Neil.

Neil was very straight forward and I have always respected his honesty and how he called it how it was.

He was a very knowledgeable man and was always available to provide advice when you needed help to solve a problem because he would have encountered the same issue in the past and could explain how he solved it.

Neil will be missed by many members of the Skyline family.

• Like 2

Damn...

My only interaction with Neil was my shitbox spraying petrol all over him during an SMSP East track day (I was in front of his Radical during an out lap, with a full tank, petrol was spraying out of the overflow valve). He was super chill about it. But that left a lasting impression on me.

Rest in peace mate.