SAU Community

Clutch kits for r33 gtst with r34 gtt trans and trans problem?

Hello, I swapped a r34 gtt trans into my s2 r33 gtst and I'm looking into clutch kits to use. I bought a r34 gtr clutch kit before and the flywheel was too big so the trans fork would rub onto the pressure plate like in the pic (we used grease to see if it rubbed when tightening bellhousing).

What clutch kit can I buy for the car? The only clutch I find for r34 gtt is the Exedy twin which seems the best for street ability in my 500bhp skyline but  it looks sketchy from future motorsports.

I see different information whether different clutch kits fit different models but I don't want to mess up and buying a wrong clutch kit because some of these distributers are a PAIN to deal with since they don't answer any of my questions.

I'm currently running a spec pull type clutch kit but my tuner says to replace it with a twin disc. It does a grind from a ton from 3rd to 4th at high rpm. I'm not sure if that's why he has said to replace it? Tuner said the clutch needed replacing after dyno'ing the car. Could it be a synchro? I bought the r34 gtt trans new and it has less than 10k km on it. I had a shady tuner and I'm transferring to the big skyline tuner in florida east coast next week.

Thanks guys

20220720_130950.jpg

received_692915922717233.jpeg

Edited by Templim

• Templim changed the title to Clutch kits for r33 gtst with r34 gtt trans and trans problem?

Swap the front half casing from the old R33 gearbag onto the R34 box and use a push clutch.

You'd be mad to persist with pull clutch.

In desperation, there are push to pull conversions available, or you could even go concentric.

I changed this bit with the one from my 33 box, then drilled and tapped the two holes for the slave. The spot for the holes is already there. Was then able to use 33 push clutch.

Screenshot_20240723-103304.thumb.png.e3fad1c891c6ee05e0ceebceb2a470e1.png

I'm currently going the path of replacing my R33 gearbox with a new R34 unit, and believe these are the parts you need:

Item Details
Gearbox 32010-AA520
Gearbox Front Cover Assembly (Including Input Shaft Seal, pivot ball) 32110-05U11
Gearbox Front Cover Gasket 32112-05U12
Clutch Release Bearing 30502-69F1A
Clutch Release Bearing Carrier 30501-S0284
Clutch Fork (Including Clip) 30531-P0151
Clutch Release Bearing Carrier Clip 30514-14600
Clutch Fork Dust Boot 30542-69F00
Slave cylinder 30620-21U23

BYO push type clutch, tap the gearbox as described above, and change everything out. I've yet to go through the process though, so can't confirm that the information above is 100% correct. Make sure you do your own research to confirm the part numbers.