SAU Community

My R32 GTST From Canada

Hey everyone! 

Finally after years of owning all kinds of other jdm cars (ae86, s13 with a RB swap, FC RX7, Datsun 510, 280zx etc) I’ve got my hands on a skyline! Ended up trading a Harley Road Glide for it after being in that scene for a few years. 

RDzirf.jpg

The previous owner started a lot of work but then had a bad motorcycle accident and the car sat for almost a year until I picked it up

INPifP.jpg

j8w4jP.jpg

The car wasn’t running and had a massive fuel leak from a pinched injector o ring but had good compression so went about trying to get it firing up so I could drive it into the garage 

uJXAfr.jpg

Turned out the fuel rail which was set up to run with an aftermarket aeromotive regulator had plugged up injectors, fired in a 2nd set that came with the car and drove it into the garage. 

cP0rPi.jpg

Once getting it tucked into its spot (have a nice 46’x26’ garage) went about tackling some of runability issues. The main ones now are between my driveway and the garage the tach decided to stop working, and there seems to be a 2500ish rpm limiter being set on the car.

The limiter I imagine has something to due with the butchery that is my afm wiring 

EifaLT.jpg

Seems someone decided to run new shielded wires from pin 2&4 to the ECU and hack together the remaining into the original harness for some reason. Going to clean that up and see if any of the afm’s that came with the car make it run a little happier. 

Speakimg of ECU this was a cool surprise 

MnUSVf.jpg

Looks like Mines might have had something to do with the ECU at some point in its life.

Still lots of little odds and ends to work out but couldn’t be happier! 

• Like 3

Will be good to see how this goes!

One suggestion with the Mines ROM tune, you should get it on a dyno and check it is safe before you push the car hard.....you never know what was done in there and for what fuel....

7 minutes ago, Duncan said:

One suggestion with the Mines ROM tune, you should get it on a dyno and check it is safe before you push the car hard.....you never know what was done in there and for what fuel....

Or just throw it in the bin before it causes a problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Duncan said:

10 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Or just throw it in the bin before it causes a problem.

Both of these options are strong possibilities, a second ECU came with the car and might be getting thrown in to diag some problems.

In a perfect world I’d just say screw it and throw a stand alone in but the rb20 will probably get swapped out at some point in the future for something with a higher hp ceiling 

This

54 minutes ago, CanadianGuy said:

throw a stand alone

and this

54 minutes ago, CanadianGuy said:

the rb20 will probably get swapped out at some point in the future for something with a higher hp ceiling 

are not in conflict with each other. A good ECU for an RB20 will run something else too.

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

This

and this

are not in conflict with each other. A good ECU for an RB20 will run something else too.

That’s fair, my main reason for not throwing the stand alone in right this moment is money lol. Figure I’ll get the thing going as is hopefully, have some fun with it then start throwing fancy parts like that towards it down the road 

Got this thing up and running properly! 

Traced my AFM wires and the signal back to ECU was good, ground was good but no 12v! With a jumper wire tied into what should be the 12v wire it fired right up and rev’d nice and strong! One thing down at least, now to figure out where the break or disconnect is.

Tach is probably next, hopefully that’s just the signal wire from the ECU but I doubt I’m that lucky 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a whole lot done lately, front brakes aren’t engaging so need to get this thing back into the garage to see if I need to rebuild the calibers. 

Currently have the wife’s 1973 VW Van, my 2004 Mustang, and a 1994 Firebird in there I need to finish up first, the list of work never ends 

jpriY4.jpg

Stealing the 6 litre from the van and the interior from this parts Firebird for the other