SAU Community

15 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

You'll need a 25 head. It's no bueno doing it with the 20 head. The bore diameter is....different. Very different. Hasn't been done in the wold since the larger bore twin cam heads became an option (ie, not since the early 90s!)

I was reading that the other day, 25 heads aren’t too pricey here thankfully. Now just have to weight the cost vs what I’m getting out of it on doing a rebuild on the rb20, picking up a rb25, or building a rb30. Not really interested in doing a stock rebuild on the 20, but stock 26 cranks & rods seem cheap. Decisions decisions

2.5 torque? 3.0 torque? Pft.

Dude the van is right there. Consolidate your projects, put the LS into the R32 and have either a R32 with grunt, or a firebird that handles, however you want to refer to it.

Either way you won't want to drive the Firebird or a RB powered Skyline ever again so this is the proper solution, and you cut down on projects.

It makes sense even if you hate it. :D

35 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

2.5 torque? 3.0 torque? Pft.

Dude the van is right there. Consolidate your projects, put the LS into the R32 and have either a R32 with grunt, or a firebird that handles, however you want to refer to it.

Either way you won't want to drive the Firebird or a RB powered Skyline ever again so this is the proper solution, and you cut down on projects.

It makes sense even if you hate it. :D

Haha honestly the thought crossed my mind but skylines are so damn rare here someone would probably hang me 😂 

I’ve had a few LS swapped cars (280zx and a foxbody mustang) so trying something a bit different this time 

On 10/9/2024 at 1:37 PM, GTSBoy said:

I would never LS an R32 either.

I do have truly evil thoughts about VK56s or the Toyo V12s out of New Zealand though. Very hard to justify for my daily....

What Toyo V12s from New Zealand specifically?