SAU Community

Haltech ECU not turning on?

Hey guys 

looking for a second opinion before I send my haltech platinum pro ecu to haltech for testing. 

basically my platinum pro ecu in my r33 gtst was working fine up until a few days ago.  The ecu power supply cable is reading 12v with the ignition on but the ecu doesn’t turn on, the lights on the ecu don’t light up and I can’t connect to it via my laptop. 

bit of context, the engine is out of my r33 at the moment as I’m rebuilding it. I installed a walbro fuel pump a few weeks ago and did the relay wiring mod along with it. All worked fine, the fuel pump was priming when I turn the key and ecu was working. Just recently I pulled the pump again to upgrade the factory fuel pump top hat plug to bulk head terminals, kept the rest of the wiring the same. After finish that and trying to prime the pump it wasn’t working, that’s when I found the blue ecu signal wire for the fuel pump wasn’t putting out any voltage, looked at the ecu and found it wasn’t turning on.  

seeing as the ecu is getting 12v but isn’t turning on I’m guessing that really only leaves the ecu as the fault but thought I would ask anyway, maybe I’m missing something.

cheers for any help. 

Edited by Desean Strickland

34 minutes ago, Desean Strickland said:

seeing as the ecu is getting 12v but isn’t turning on I’m guessing that really only leaves the ecu as the fault but thought I would ask anyway, maybe I’m missing something.

Surely the ECCs relay is still involved in getting the Haltech fired up. Don't just probe wires and wonder. Actually inspect the wiring - where it goes, where it came from, and try to work out what the installer has done. That's assuming you bought it like this and don't have the original installer available. Otherwise, ask them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Surely the ECCs relay is still involved in getting the Haltech fired up. Don't just probe wires and wonder. Actually inspect the wiring - where it goes, where it came from, and try to work out what the installer has done. That's assuming you bought it like this and don't have the original installer available. Otherwise, ask them.

Is the eccs relay the blue relay near the factory ecu mounting position? Or is that something else? 

and yeah it all came in the car when I bought it.