SAU Community

Rb25det Solid Lifter conversion

Hey All,

I'm in the process of doing a solid lifter conversion on a series 2 rb25det head from an r33. I've heard some contrasting things online but theres not many resourses on the topic of the solid lifter conversion. A specfic question has led me to make this thread, but would love to hear other peoples experiences with solid lifter converting a non-neo 25 before I go guns blazing...

I want to run higher lift cams but Ive read the Nvcs oil pipe runs under the springs on the intake side, leading to less intake valve life. I've seen valve seats for the exhaust side to even up the installed heights of the springs, but i dont know this would help with the lift issue. I have a set of the tomei type B valve springs for the solid lifter conversion which are sold with intake retainers which i think offsets the installed height on intake side? - not sure if exhaust side springs seats are still necessary with this setup but I assume it does the same job as the exhaust seats but allows for higher intake valve lift? 

Anyway I have a set of these spring without retainers, and cant find any info on what retainers will work anywhere. Tomei doesnt sell the retainers alone as far as I know and i really dont want to get a full set just for retainers. I was wondering whether there are any other options for retainers which will work? Will I need exhaust spring seats to even the installed heights with these springs?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,