SAU Community

R33 gearbox front seal install | need help

Hey guys, installing the gearbox front cover on an r33 gtst gearbox and just want to clarify a few things 

- what’s the torque spec for the front cover bolts?

- should I put moly grease on the front main seal / the area behind the seal or just leave it dry 

- does the front main bearings behind the cover need grease smeared on before re installing the cover? (my understanding is it gets lubricated by the gearbox oil)

cheers 

IMG_9338.thumb.jpeg.4f4607c1570519fb3bd28fc6b83abd56.jpeg

Per 32 GTR service manual (same gearbox) torque spec is 16-21nm (not shown in the chassis section but SD-11 covers it

Nissan sometimes provide grease on the seal, if not I would put a light run of general grease (not moly) on it before placing the front cover (no seal likes being totally dry).

And yes, everything inside is lubricated with gearbox oil, so the front bearing does not need to be greased.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

Per 32 GTR service manual (same gearbox) torque spec is 16-21nm (not shown in the chassis section but SD-11 covers it

Nissan sometimes provide grease on the seal, if not I would put a light run of general grease (not moly) on it before placing the front cover (no seal likes being totally dry).

And yes, everything inside is lubricated with gearbox oil, so the front bearing does not need to be greased.

Sweet thanks 

I used moly grease for the input shaft, is that fine? Or should I be using a different grease?

also where did u get your service manual? I wana get one for the r33 gtst so I can stop asking every question I have on here lmao