SAU Community

Servicing my Skyline V37 oil and filter.

Hello SAU team 

I just had a my 2020 RV37 Skyline 400r serviced by my local mechanic and he has noted that there is a coolant leak coming from the water pump. 

He mostly does European cars so he wasn't sure is this is a common issue with the VR30  and how to address it . 

Any chance anyone can advise on this issue and if I need to replace the water pump (guessing its the same as the ones in the Infiniti Q50 red sport ADM).

Regards 

Deepak

If coolant is coming out of the pump bleed hole it means coolant has bypassed the pump shaft seals, so it’s fkd. Do u replace the water pump with the timing belt? (All OEM)

16 hours ago, Pac said:

Hello SAU team 

I just had a my 2020 RV37 Skyline 400r serviced by my local mechanic and he has noted that there is a coolant leak coming from the water pump. 

He mostly does European cars so he wasn't sure is this is a common issue with the VR30  and how to address it . 

Any chance anyone can advise on this issue and if I need to replace the water pump (guessing its the same as the ones in the Infiniti Q50 red sport ADM).

Regards 

Deepak

I expect there will be 2 water pumps so you will need to know which one.  Also I think they are much less likely to leak than a mechanical one so I hope they are confident it is from the unit not the hoses/clamps etc

On a related question, does anyone have an online parts lookup that covers these, and a 400R VIN to use? 

I haven't been able to find an ADM VIN parts lookup for the Q50RS

15 hours ago, Watermouse said:

If coolant is coming out of the pump bleed hole it means coolant has bypassed the pump shaft seals, so it’s fkd. Do u replace the water pump with the timing belt? (All OEM)

different setup mate, this is an external electric pump and timing chain on VR30DDTT

Thanks for the response Guys , so far the mechanic has topped up the coolant and I haven't noticed and further leaks , I'm going to see if there local workshop who might have a bit more expertise on the imports. if the pump needs replacing I'll give you guys a heads up. 

I would sign up to www.infinitiq50.org ask there, plenty of owners on there that may be able to advise of any common issues.

The 400R is just a red sport with a few extra cosmetic changes, so mechanically they will be the same.

Which coolant are you seeing leaks with? the engine coolant (which uses a belt driven pump, part number 21010-4HK0A), or the intercooler/heat exchanger coolant, which uses 2 electric pumps.

For a parts listing, try this - 
Nissan Infiniti Q50 with V37-RHD frame, 06.2016 - ... - Genuine parts - Amayama