SAU Community

Rb25 splutter !

32pwwr

Morning :)

little intro to the build r32 rb25 with a gtx3582 haltech platinum pro, 1000cc injectors 460 walbro fuel pump “maybe larger” with new lines and relay setup, new fuel lines an a FPR 1200. Made 350kw and Have had the car back now for a couple weeks haven’t had any real issue but this Sunday I got my first issue…. I generally fill up E85 at astron yagoona and with a quarter tank and on the way to a cars and coffee I stopped off at minto and put a full tank in it. 

after about 10 mins of driving and letting it all settle in the car started to misfire and splutter? nothing consistent but noticeable? on the way back spent about an hour on the free way at 110km/h cruising at about 3000rpm and this is where the car started to splutter intermittently and wouldn’t give me any boost if I dropped to 3rd gear would stop and let me have boost then start again when I would consistently cruise at 3000rpm this is where progressively the splutter would get more consistent. 

im about to check the fuel but the e85 at minto has always been consistent, I have aftermarket r35 coils and have pulled them apart and they look good to go and injectors sound to be doing there job? 

At idle I don’t have any issues when i let it idle for a while and gave it a few solid revs and nothing? When I got off the motor way and was driving city speeds/ traffic “50km/h” no splutter?

Could it be a:

fuel issue?

coil issue?

tune issue?

will go for another drive to see if it starts up again and see.

any helps appreciated!!!!

Edited by 32pwwr

2 hours ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Do you have a fuel pressure sensor?

I do, didn’t see any issue with fuel pressure ? Tested the Jerry can I got came back at over 90% no want to check the fuel tank see what that comes to after mixing 

27 minutes ago, 32pwwr said:

I do, didn’t see any issue with fuel pressure ? Tested the Jerry can I got came back at over 90% no want to check the fuel tank see what that comes to after mixing 

Have tested fuel tank mixed with other e85 comes back to e90 

3 hours ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Can you go for a drive, log all the channels and post the data up?

That would be too easy for diagnosing. It's more fun to play throwing darts aimlessly...

I vote change the O2 sensor. Reason? None, just a random dart thrown.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MBS206 said:

That would be too easy for diagnosing. It's more fun to play throwing darts aimlessly...

I vote change the O2 sensor. Reason? None, just a random dart thrown.

Love it haha, tuner came around and checked he said the timing was out and finds the Ross trigger kits to be a bit touch and go… back to his shop Thursday to fully diagnose but he thinks timing is the cause as we checked fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, ignition and all came back good…. 

was very weird tho as only happened under sustained load cruising on the m7 at a sustained rpm and speed it would start sputtering felt like anti lag as when I put my foot down it would sputter or break up and not give me any boost then pull like a freight train when it gave me boost and was all at once

Edited by 32pwwr

I would be suss that that behaviour was caused by the trigger kit. The trigger kit doesn't really care what the engine load is. It's just seeing moving metal next to sensors. It may fail to work at a particular engine speed, but wouldn't care if it was low load, medium load or high load. And it probably shouldn't change moment to moment. It's either good or bad, unless it is temperature dependent.

The symptoms you describe are typically fuel or spark delivery related.

9 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I would be suss that that behaviour was caused by the trigger kit. The trigger kit doesn't really care what the engine load is. It's just seeing moving metal next to sensors. It may fail to work at a particular engine speed, but wouldn't care if it was low load, medium load or high load. And it probably shouldn't change moment to moment. It's either good or bad, unless it is temperature dependent.

That’s what I was thinking, builds all under warranty so hopefully they figure it out quickly and I can post what the issue is

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I also would like to note that the r35 coils packs are aftermarket… and did note to him I feel that they are possibly breaking up under sustained load and heat as when I got home and let it idle had no issues and when I got off the freeway and started driving city speeds had no issues, so going to purchase hitachis.

first time really driving it for so long aswell as I’ve only had it for 1-2 weeks. 

Edited by 32pwwr