SAU Community

Got this r31 silhouette flood car to rebuild.

• 25RBGT changed the title to Got this r31 silhouette flood car to rebuild.

Yeah mate 2022 at Lismore, I went right under! Luckily it was fresh flood waters and it has been sitting since after the owners cleaning interior. 
the motor has compression and is turning over.

I couldn’t refuse the car for the price haha I’m in no rush, I already have a 34 and a patrol on the road. More of something to keep me busy and I really regretted selling my original 31 10 years ago.

Back to clean stock looking r31 silo with a little boost. That’s a long long way away.

Something to keep me busy for now

• Like 3

Reminds me of my old 31 daily. The whiny diff and the replacement that was worth half the price of the car, the broken front seat, the peeling vinyl from the door trims, the mule kick from the series 3 auto box, the dodgy front ball joints and my dad crashing it into a Volvo.

Plus the many days spent at pick n payless grabbing anything good from other 31s and pintaras

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, junkie said:

Reminds me of my old 31 daily. The whiny diff and the replacement that was worth half the price of the car, the broken front seat, the peeling vinyl from the door trims, the mule kick from the series 3 auto box, the dodgy front ball joints and my dad crashing it into a Volvo.

Plus the many days spent at pick n payless grabbing anything good from other 31s and pintaras

Yeah I remember these pick and Payless adventures with my fist couple 31’s 10+ years ago.Hardly anything left r31 in nsw now at wreckers. 
RIP pick and Payless, I hear it never made it threw covid and they scrapped all the cars 😭

Found some cancer in the topical location for 31’s, do some emergency surgery over the next few days and see if it’s a show stopper for this silo.

IMG_7431.jpeg

IMG_7430.jpeg

5 hours ago, 25RBGT said:

Found some cancer in the topical location for 31’s, do some emergency surgery over the next few days and see if it’s a show stopper for this silo.

IMG_7431.jpeg

IMG_7430.jpeg

🤞

New quarter panels I did a 1000km drive to get.

no rust under the chrome door surrounds just a hole lot of mud.

starting getting the fuel side sorted today 

IMG_7550.jpeg

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7548.jpeg

IMG_7531.jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7527.jpeg

He managed to find me over on R31SkylineClub forum ~ he'll be headed up here whenever to pull the good fuel tank (and other bits and pieces) from my spare S2 pinny parts car... should help the project & keep costs down 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbm7 said:

He managed to find me over on R31SkylineClub forum ~ he'll be headed up here whenever to pull the good fuel tank (and other bits and pieces) from my spare S2 pinny parts car... should help the project & keep costs down 😃

Yeah mate, your help is just what I need to give this project a little bump along, and closer to putting the historic number plates on this silo. 👌😁

thank you

Little rust converter under the ass end some paint and fish oil and she’s ready for the new tank! Then we will get a ignition, thanks to the ever faithful r31 skyline club community most of all Solder.👏👌