SAU Community

Got this r31 silhouette flood car to rebuild.

1 hour ago, dbm7 said:

Suggest pulling the rear bumper and side garnish panels off, the silt's likely gotten in there...

Yeah 100% everything is coming off. My hot plates are screwed and a new set is in the post atm. Everything is coming off the shell and treated cleaned repainted and refitted. I’m still a couple of weeks taking the Gerni inside the shell. I’m just preparing under the tank for the replacement going in. I don’t want to pull it out again 

4 hours ago, PranK said:

ergh, gross! Satisfying job tho! 

Yeah man,

had a little water in there but pumped clean now, I figure every job big or small it doesn’t matter, In step closer to putting the rego plates in the silo sub lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 25RBGT said:

Yeah man,

had a little water in there but pumped clean now, I figure every job big or small it doesn’t matter, In step closer to putting the rego plates in the silo sub lol

Did it fire today?

Na man, I’m getting fuel to circulate putting hose from bottom of filter straight onto return. But including the fuel system I get no fuel making it back to return. 

Same here man same here. I will swap a few things around tomorrow and try again. It wants too,aero start has it firing. Just need the damn fuel to go where it should.

I don’t think so, I have 12v at injector’s spark, and it wants to start with startyabarstard. Pressure is solid at the back of the regulator.

what you see is how I got the car, obviously it’s been tampered with and previous overs probably tried to get it started. No idea what they screwed with or put back the wrong way.

already with fuel, the feed from pump was onto reg and return hose to rail feed. So anything is possible.

Apologies for the shit photo it’s all I got in my phone from talking with friends about the situation as I was facing it.

IMG_7729.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah the whole car, past roof totally out of sight. The old owner said the roof lining didn’t need cleaning because there was a air pocket trapped haha.

it doesn’t matter I’m not going to quit, I’m going to put number plates back on this sub haha

I guess I’m getting gaskets for the intake manifold because it’s coming off,injectors out for a little look see next.

• Like 1

Sounds like the reg is fubar, or, lines are backwards.

You should be able to keep reg and fuel rail in the system and get fuel to return to the tank.

Reg is dead! No freeing that thing, rail is ok.

lines were backwards but not anymore. 

let’s see what this new reg does. Hopefully the injector’s don’t need to come out 🤞

Edited by 25RBGT
  • Like 2

Na man. Had a Quick Look at the hose up connecting to the manifold. The other one goes to the reg. I will remove it and have a look see this week while I’m waiting for my new reg to arrive thanks.

i will replace the hoses with new just incase I miss something. Only cheap little air hosing anyway.

Some orange crystals showing up with a flush of the rail. No choice but to pull these injectors give it all a good clean.

Pulling the manifold for a good clean also

rust treatment and paint ready to accept her new tank in the coming weeks 🤙

IMG_7765.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

• Like 1