SAU Community

Getting genuine parts for an import?

Many items, especially engine parts are shared with locally delivered models, so shouldn't be too hard.  otherwise, try amayama.com

• Thanks 1

Assuming the parts are on the shelf somewhere here in Japan, I can get them sent to you directly in 10 - 12 days via air mail. Not sure what the transit times are for anyone else but I'm able to assist if time is a factor. Pricing (in Japan) could be similar or a bit higher depending on the part.
Just putting it out there if you (or anyone) would prefer to deal with an SAU member.

• Thanks 2

Car I'm buying needs bushes, not sure which ones yet (not seen car) maybe lower control or upper?

Don't want Polly, oem for me.

So when I know what I need I'll try my local Datsun dealer.🤪

Everything online is Polly...

Cheers

Dave

10 hours ago, Rezz said:

Assuming the parts are on the shelf somewhere here in Japan, I can get them sent to you directly in 10 - 12 days via air mail. Not sure what the transit times are for anyone else but I'm able to assist if time is a factor. Pricing (in Japan) could be similar or a bit higher depending on the part.
Just putting it out there if you (or anyone) would prefer to deal with an SAU member.

Hey Rezz,

is there a Japanese online store that we can browse then send you a shopping list?

Cheers

Dave

On 18/08/2024 at 5:57 AM, roofchop said:

is there a Japanese online store that we can browse then send you a shopping list?

There's an online parts catalogue for older Nissan's here: https://partsfan.com/nissan/jp/

It can be changed to English at the top right of the page. Once you register your account you can look up your model (use the frame number, eg: HCR32-0014789 for best results) and then choose the parts as required.

If you send me your part number list I could have a go at compiling costs and reply back via personal message if you like? I don't mind doing the leg work. No obligation quoting of course.

• Thanks 1

I ended up buying an Australian delivered Infinity Q60.

Called in on my local Nissan dealer this morning.

They can only do an oil and filter change, maybe air filter...

No diagnostics and can't order parts bushes etc...

They said Springwood Nissan (2 hours away) are authorized to do diagnosis/parts etc.

Shocking that they don't support their own brand. (kind of)

Looks like I'll be buying from overseas.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Sounds like a typical Nissan dealer response.  Of course they can do diagnostics, they just need a Consult 3+, which every Nissan workshop will have.  They just don't want to because they are lazy and don't want to deal with any issues that pop up which they aren't familiar with and don't want to work on cars they haven't has specific training on.

This is the list of workshops that used to be Infiniti workshops, and are therefore willing to help.

INFINITI Auto Repair & Maintenance | INFINITI Australia

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

+ 1 for amayama.com . Ordered a couple of interior handle door caps for my CKV36 (my originals were all scratched up) and paid less (delivered) than what local wreckers were asking for second hand ones. 

A few months back I had a failing Cam position sensor, As the car was off the road, I had to order online. And as it was closer to the end of week & wanted the part before the weekend, and if one fails, the other could go soon and it was >$100, I ordered two from two different suppliers, with both saying they were OEM. One came before the weekend, and it was an Italian manufacturer. The second came the following week, and it was the same italian manufacturer. When you check on-line its made by Hitachi (japanese); when fixing US G37's. 🙁

On 9/2/2024 at 7:56 PM, JoVo said:

+ 1 for amayama.com . Ordered a couple of interior handle door caps for my CKV36 (my originals were all scratched up) and paid less (delivered) than what local wreckers were asking for second hand ones. 

My ones weren't looking that great. I put on a carbon fibre wrap. They look good and the black (its a dark carbon fibre) I think melds into the door better than the original finish; black interior in a black car.