SAU Community

Auto Electrician Workshop Recommendation for Reverse Camera Not Working CKV36 (SYD or WOL)

Can anyone recommend a workshop that can repair a reverse camera issue for a CKV36? Started off intermittent but now never works - just shows a black screen with the steering lines when you put it into reverse. For any other purpose, the display otherwise works fine. Would prefer Wollongong area but will travel to Sydney to get it fixed. Dropped by a couple of local auto electricians and they did not know where to start with it (I suppose I prefer this honesty up front rather than spending chargeable hours and not getting anywhere!) Thanks.

On 9/2/2024 at 8:11 PM, JoVo said:

Can anyone recommend a workshop that can repair a reverse camera issue for a CKV36? Started off intermittent but now never works - just shows a black screen with the steering lines when you put it into reverse. For any other purpose, the display otherwise works fine. Would prefer Wollongong area but will travel to Sydney to get it fixed. Dropped by a couple of local auto electricians and they did not know where to start with it (I suppose I prefer this honesty up front rather than spending chargeable hours and not getting anywhere!) Thanks.

Tunehoouse have sounded knowledgeable for our cars when I have spoken to them. I would hope the electricians you took it to at least first checked that the camera was getting power, the impedance across the unit was not 0, and there was continuity between the camera plug and the screen (much more specific technically).

If you have access to a wrecker for these cars, might be cheap to get a camera from a wreck and plug it in to see if an image displays. Of course , the wreaked camera may also be broken. 

• Like 1