SAU Community

My r34 GTT auto transmission is slowly letting go, slipping every now and again, tiptronic deciding to not keep it in 1st / 2nd when flooring it, taking longer to shift so I’m going going flush it and replace the filter and hope it lasts a bit longer. 

I’ve got 10L of Penrite ATF FS at home and I’m going to use it for it unless ye completely recommend against it. 
Penrite list it as compatible.

i understand I should be using Castro Transzmax however it’s quite expensive and I already have 10L of the ATF fs.

Has anyone here used atf fs for there got or heard of anyone? Or am I silly for even considering anything other then Castrol 

Thanks for your advice 

On 9/9/2024 at 7:23 AM, MarcusH said:

My r34 GTT auto transmission is slowly letting go, slipping every now and again, tiptronic deciding to not keep it in 1st / 2nd when flooring it, taking longer to shift so I’m going going flush it and replace the filter and hope it lasts a bit longer. 

I’ve got 10L of Penrite ATF FS at home and I’m going to use it for it unless ye completely recommend against it. 
Penrite list it as compatible.

i understand I should be using Castro Transzmax however it’s quite expensive and I already have 10L of the ATF fs.

Has anyone here used atf fs for there got or heard of anyone? Or am I silly for even considering anything other then Castrol 

Thanks for your advice 

The viscosity is about right for Dexron III/Matic D. 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Pov spec R34s (ie, without turbo), and in particular auto ones (I think) have that silly diff with the slightly longer nose with the speed sensor on the side of the nose. I'm not even sure that it's an ABS sensor. I think it's actually the VSS sender. Anyway, it's not an S15 diff, it's whatever was jammed into the stupid things.
    • Doesn't need to be idling. Just needs to be throttle closed with ignition on. Same same as idle from the ECU's point of view. See, this is useful info, because this... is not. You should be able to sweep the throttle from closed to open and see it run from ~0.45V to whatever it maxes out at (which is not 5.1V, by the way - should be 4.something).
    • The coil packs have built in igniters. 
    • Any updates? Curious to know/hear/see experience on these clutches and if it's just all hype. Other option is just to get a run of the mill Xtreme Twin Plate organic and enjoy life and not worry about complications.   My clutch is starting to do weird shit after 3x motors and 10+ years of abuse. When you ride it, and try to park the shit box, it sounds like a munted horse after 10 cones.
    • How did you get a S15 diff to fit in your R34? I understand in a R33 with ABS but doesn't make sense as the diff is the same length as a R33 non ABS. R34 has 2x ABS rings and sensors on the output flange where as a S15 or R33 has the ABS sensor on the diff input flange area.