SAU Community

Has anyone repurposed the rear ashtray in an r32?

Ive never sat in the back of my skyline until today and I discovered the rear seats have an ashtray built into the centre console.

I don't smoke and neither will my passengers 🤣 so I don't see the need to keep it.

Has anyone ever tried repurposing it or delete it? Looking for creative inspiration 

Mine in my 34 doubles as rear cupholders. Unfortunately any time I accelerate it slides out and sits open. It's on the never ending list for 'one day' to just stay shut. Though passengers are always surprised there's rear cup holders and an arm rest available to them when I chauffer people around.

I read this post. Went and looked in my car and lo and behold, there's a bloody ashtray back there! 7 years I've owned this car and never noticed before.

It has a fair bit of ashes and tar... I was occasionally still getting wiffs of cigarettes from the interior and could never find the source after deep cleaning the rest of it. This should definitely help. Thank you sir, seems I'm blind!

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

10, that was when I got married. Seems like threat of losing half your shit enough to stop you from leaving lol 

I hear divorce is really expensive...

Because it's so worth it

• Haha 1