SAU Community

BNR32 front ABS speed sensors

Hi all,

A little back story, my AWD hasn’t been working since the car was taken out of storage but today after changing all the low and high pressure lines and bleeding the system, I was able to get power to the front wheels. Big progress!

Issue is that the torque gauge is showing 40-50% in all driving conditions and front wheels are always driving even when the car is on stands.

The OE front ABS speed sensors were damaged when we deleted ABS so my mechanic tried fitting some generic speed sensors, which I know are not calibrated the same as the OE. My first question is, does anyone know the part number of front LH/RH speed sensors and if there are any direct replacements besides OE Nissan? Those are apparently made of gold…

Also, if power is always going to the front will the transfer case oil overheat, or otherwise will it cause damage?

Thanks for the help

2 hours ago, weikleenget said:

Hi all,

A little back story, my AWD hasn’t been working since the car was taken out of storage but today after changing all the low and high pressure lines and bleeding the system, I was able to get power to the front wheels. Big progress!

Issue is that the torque gauge is showing 40-50% in all driving conditions and front wheels are always driving even when the car is on stands.

The OE front ABS speed sensors were damaged when we deleted ABS so my mechanic tried fitting some generic speed sensors, which I know are not calibrated the same as the OE. My first question is, does anyone know the part number of front LH/RH speed sensors and if there are any direct replacements besides OE Nissan? Those are apparently made of gold…

Also, if power is always going to the front will the transfer case oil overheat, or otherwise will it cause damage?

Thanks for the help

You will probably damage something with constant AWD engagement. Driveline binding is not good. Front RH is 47910-05U00, LH is 47911-05U00. Your best bet is probably finding a used sensor or seeing if another car has the same sensor but a different harness and making your own harness.

Edited by joshuaho96