SAU Community

Rb25 into r31/wont idle

Liam2421

Hey guys looking for abit of guidance, I have put a 25det into my r31 and am having trouble getting it to idle it will rev fine and not miss but on idle it runs like abit of a dog and stalls, I checked the tps voltage and it was 5.10 with car switched off I’m unsure if that is in the perimeters? other then tps could the iacv be the cause or potentially vvt ? I realise it could be a range of things but have to start somewhere, cheers 

IMG_8700.jpeg

Edited by Liam2421
Grammar correction

On 15/9/2024 at 5:00 PM, GTSBoy said:

At idle the TPS should show about 0.45V.

Yes, it could be the IACV and/or AAC. Got tbe clean and working to do what they're supposed to do.

Will not be VCT unless perhaps it is stuck on. Even then, it should idle.

Un able to check it at idle as it won’t idle for me long enough to try, best I’m able to do is with ignition on engine off and no matter where I turn the tps the voltage doesn’t change from 5.10, if I unplug afm it will idle longer but won’t turn off with ignition, have since swapped afm to no real change 

6 hours ago, Liam2421 said:

Un able to check it at idle as it won’t idle for me long enough to try,

Doesn't need to be idling. Just needs to be throttle closed with ignition on. Same same as idle from the ECU's point of view.

6 hours ago, Liam2421 said:

best I’m able to do is with ignition on engine off and no matter where I turn the tps the voltage doesn’t change from 5.10

See, this is useful info, because this...

On 9/14/2024 at 9:58 AM, Liam2421 said:

tps voltage and it was 5.10 with car switched off

is not.

You should be able to sweep the throttle from closed to open and see it run from ~0.45V to whatever it maxes out at (which is not 5.1V, by the way - should be 4.something).

7 hours ago, Liam2421 said:

if I unplug afm it will idle longer but won’t turn off with ignition

Your engine won't shut off with ignition if your MAF is unplugged? I want to confirm I'm reading that right.