SAU Community

R32gtst rear wheel bearing

Ok so I have a little bit of an issue. So I have a 1992 r32gtst and trying to replace the rear wheel bearing and spindle the research I’ve done shows a different style bearing than what is currently on my car.

So the picture of the new bearing with the box says it’s the correct bearing as does my research but the picture shown of the old bearing is the one that came off the car. I’m a bit confused the new bearing has an ear on it that I’m assuming goes to where the top of the ebrake shoes mount as to where my old bearing does not. Any help would be awesome 

IMG_6222.png

IMG_6188.jpeg

IMG_6196.jpeg

The vendor you bought from is a dickhead who can't tell the difference between AWD and RWD bearings.

Their eBay listing is one of the first hits too, and is wrong. Any other hit shows the ones that are on your car.

A search for GTR rear wheel bearings, unsurprisingly, finds the one you have from Shift. f**king muppets.

• Like 1

Luckily I haven’t bought one yet but I’ve had several people tell me different things and was trying to find out what’s going on with my car lol apparently type m had different lover knuckles like the gtr but someone put non type m knuckles on mine Ok on another topic does anyone have a spindle for sale mine is screwed bad lmao 

IMG_6201.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

2 hours ago, R32gtst1992 said:

apparently type m had different lover knuckles like the gtr

No. Not true for any non-GTR R32. I think even the GTS4 has the GTSt knuckles with eye type lower shock mounts (as opposed to GTR fork lower shock mounts).

The only R chassis in which something like the quote claim is true is the R34, on which the turbos have the fork type and the NAs have the eye type.

**Edit: Actually I reserve the right to be wrong about the above statement. It might also be true on R33s. My memory on those shitboxen has faded too much.

Edited by GTSBoy

Remember, your car is 30+ years old now, and who knows what drifters from the 90 in Japan + whoever had the car over the years have done to your car (before trying to return the car to "stock" condition and auctioning it out of Japan + whatever's been done afterwards).

Always pull the parts in question out, measure and investigate. A lot of stuff can be sub'd out (on 90's Nissans and Toyotas), so as a general rule of thumb, pull out and measure then investigate.