SAU Community

['96 r33 GTST] Need some help gauging how much I should pay for a CD009 transmission kit.

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my transmission to a CD009. My tuner referenced me to a local who was doing the same project as me, but didn't finish and is selling. My tuner knows the person and has vouched for the quality of parts being in good condition.

He is offering for £3,500 (AU$ 6,815.93)

• CD009 gearbox with RB25DET bell housing fitted
  • New Clutch Fork (fitted)
  • New Release Bearing (fitted)
  • OS Giken STR2CD twinplate clutch with brand new rebuild kit

I have absolutely no idea if this is a good deal or not. I appreciate any insight from those who know these things better than I.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by IXMandalorianXI

• IXMandalorianXI changed the title to ['96 r33 GTST] Need some help gauging how much I should pay for a CD009 transmission kit.

OK, well, being realistic:

• RB25DET gearbox (new, from Nissan), A$4k.
  • Good clutch, >A$1k, possibly $2k.

So, you're already into the ballpark just with those two things and to stay 5 speed.

Someone has borne costs and done work to put the RB bellhousing on the CD009, and there's some other parts included. It seems like a reasonable price to me. It's not as if these things are lying around where you can just pick one up (the whole kit, readyish to go) and/or play off one vendor against another. So the pricing has to seem reasonable to both you and the seller.

Seems a reasonable price, some other things to consider, driveshaft & xmember, you'll need to run the speedo off the abs, an after market lever/bracket.

You'll most likely want to change the diff ratio, do you need any kind of certification in the uk for it?

If the car is quite low, the cd will hang down lower than the 25 box.

I run a CD009. See my DIY for info on what I spent. 6800$ isn't cheap, but it's not terrible either.

Keep in mind, you'll still need the following parts.

- Shifter relocation kit

- Trans Mount

- Driveshaft

- Slave Cylinder

- Rear final drive (This doesn't have to be done right away.)

- Some new way to detect speed. 

Edited by TurboTapin
  • Like 1