SAU Community

R32 GTS/GTST non driven wheel speed

Hi People,

has anyone come up with a way of getting non-driven wheel speed on a R32 Gts/gtst? from what i've seen the RWD R32 didn't look to come with ABS, if they did i can't find a rwd ABS front knuckle anywhere.

is it a case of putting a S14/R33 front knuckle on and then modifying the ASB ring to suit a ECU input frequency limit? or have people managed to get a hall sensor onto the back of the hub and pick up the wheel studs?

i've searched but there isn't anything that I could find.

there are probably many ways to do it

for my bosch motorsport abs we used a r33 gtst abs front knuckle and modified the rear knuckle to allow sensor to sit and read

understand time, effort and $$ but reading from anywhere else  you get diff chatter etc where you lose 30% ish in signal clarity compared to the above

• Like 1

Sweet thanks mate, I did wonder if its easier to try and find a R33 knuckle and make that fit, is it just a case of changing the lower ball joint?

I'm getting drive wheel speed off the gearbox speed sensor which is fine so far to 230kph

19 hours ago, Looney_Head said:

Sweet thanks mate, I did wonder if its easier to try and find a R33 knuckle and make that fit, is it just a case of changing the lower ball joint?

I'm getting drive wheel speed off the gearbox speed sensor which is fine so far to 230kph

correct Ive moved to a r33 oem ball joint - they are actually thicker than alot of the after market and similar