SAU Community

RB gearbox options

rbs30

FS5R30A the nav box isn’t it? I did think about those. Any issues? I wondered if the bell housing off an rb30 patrol would work as they are the same gearbox but with a transfer I believe. 

Edited by rbs30

16 minutes ago, rbs30 said:

FS5R30A the nav box isn’t it? I did think about those. Any issues? I wondered if the bell housing off an rb30 patrol would work as they are the same gearbox but with a transfer I believe. 

It's used in the GT-R, GTST/GTT, and Z32 VG30 NA + TT versions. Nissan still makes them new, they're not cheap but they're not expensive either. Personally I would just get something direct-fit and be done with it but I'm not that handy at fabrication.

The r34 gearbox is like $3400/3700 landed from Japan sometime last year.

Contact jessestreeter.com for info and quotes.

From memory the navara gearbox needs input shaft machined down as I looked into a while back and there's a thread somewhere here from 2018-2021 about it.

Depends on what your doing with the car maybe worth the dollars to go cd009 or a 8hp50/70.

24 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

From memory the navara gearbox needs input shaft machined down as I looked into a while back and there's a thread somewhere here from 2018-2021 about it.

Depends on what your doing with the car maybe worth the dollars to go cd009 or a 8hp50/70.

Is the CD009 similar length from bell to shifter? 

car will just be for the street with the odd track day. It’s RB30det, and weighs about 1000kg

Edited by rbs30

15 minutes ago, rbs30 said:

Is the CD009 similar length from bell to shifter? 

car will just be for the street with the odd track day. It’s RB30det, and weighs about 1000kg

Yes, it's similar length. 

I've got a R33 turbo box I don't need if you're interested. I only ran it for a couple of track days and on the dyno before going sequential. In Melbourne, $1500 if you don't stuff me around.

13 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

I forget this is an au website, my GTR FS5R30A was 2200 AUD delivered but I did have to go to a warehouse near the port to pick it up myself.