SAU Community

Best chassis for motorsport use

1 hour ago, MBS206 said:

There is 100% no denying, a car that doesn't have a lot of power, but has grip, and brakes, can put a lot of cars to shame, especially as you can push them so aggressively, without fear of all the power putting you in the trees.

When you're having to dance around the power, especially at a track you don't get much opportunity to go over and over and over. Lower powered cars that make up for it on the limit for grip are GREAT!

IMO, unless you're building a car to race a specific class, the best car for motorsport, is the one you have, and can afford! (Or a cheap car, like a Swift, or Excel, or Corolla)! Then just go do laps and have fun!

Arguably all this is true. But the reason I asked about boosts is that placing highly in hillclimb with NA means that it is doing real well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

Arguably all this is true. But the reason I asked about boosts is that placing highly in hillclimb with NA means that it is doing real well.

Yeah, going fast in this thing is all about keeping momentum. Field had some very good drivers and cars.

It doesn't help that it was previously setup as a drift car so has 7kg springs all round which isn't great for a hill climb.

I was only a few tenths off so.e quick guys in evo lancers and a v8 exotic cart thing.