SAU Community

HyperGear vs Pulsar Turbo RB25DET

Eric0

Probably still better to sell/return and get the EFR7670 in T3. :71_smiling_imp::71_smiling_imp:

... won't be twinscroll tho. So buy it in T4.

The hype over transient response is real for those turbos.

I'd rather have a fabricated manifold change and not have to change all your other stuff, versus using an adapter and have to fabricate your intake, dump pipe, and have a gasket, bolts that come loose.

Plus all the other shit involved with mounting a turbo which I cryraged about many times with many failed f**kin turbine to manifold gaskets and shit, why double up. Get a f**kin twinscroll Vband manifold :D

You could realistically also just change your manifold entirely. That may be cheaper or more expensive depending on what the quote is, versus buying a new manifold, selling current manifold cost, waiting for fabricator versus waiting for delivery on replacement item, then dealing with "It mounts in the same spot!" to find out that alas, it is slightly different requiring fabrication anyway :D

Or you could just YOLO it with a single scroll rear housing... but we're well into 'but what's most optimal...' now.

3 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Probably still better to sell/return and get the EFR7670 in T3. :71_smiling_imp::71_smiling_imp:

... won't be twinscroll tho. So buy it in T4.

The hype over transient response is real for those turbos.

I'd rather have a fabricated manifold change and not have to change all your other stuff, versus using an adapter and have to fabricate your intake, dump pipe, and have a gasket, bolts that come loose.

Plus all the other shit involved with mounting a turbo which I cryraged about many times with many failed f**kin turbine to manifold gaskets and shit, why double up. Get a f**kin twinscroll Vband manifold :D

You could realistically also just change your manifold entirely. That may be cheaper or more expensive depending on what the quote is, versus buying a new manifold, selling current manifold cost, waiting for fabricator versus waiting for delivery on replacement item, then dealing with "It mounts in the same spot!" to find out that alas, it is slightly different requiring fabrication anyway :D

Or you could just YOLO it with a single scroll rear housing... but we're well into 'but what's most optimal...' now.

You’re one high-energy passionate enthusiast and I’m here for it! Haha. But too late! Went with the G30-660 with a custom built housing! I asked Tao from HyperGearTurbo if he could add the option on the website and he agreed! So if there ever is another poor soul in my situation they now have the option to buy it ;) 

Total for supercore + housing: ~$3585AUD

and I was considering turbos from Pulsar/ HyperGear for  $1400-2500 AUD 

…Well! I’ll post up the dyno results when I get to that stage! Thank you all for your input!!

Sincerely,

A less hot, learning head 

Edited by Eric0
Typo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Eric0 said:

You’re one high-energy passionate enthusiast

Haha a polite way of describing Greg...

If you've ever followed his many builds, you'll see he constantly gets Greged or Gregged up.

Him a few others on here are masters of BW EFR propaganda, don't mess with them because you'll get EFRed up

Dad jokes are strong as of late.

It will work great. Water under the bridge by the time it's up and running. The G Series platform is probably the most absolutely rock solid option you could have possibly chosen.

Some of us.....like me.... have travelled many paths and know from experience that some options, decisions, paths are better than others.... :p

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

have travelled many paths and know from experience that some options, decisions, paths are better than others.... 😛

Haha... The SAU old timers, we've been there, done that and still haven't learnt our lesson(s).