SAU Community

Anyone selling a red ADM GTR?

Duncan

19 hours ago, The Bogan said:

I assume some busted arse rusty one may be getting a new lease of life

Are the chassis numbers stamped on the JDM/AUD models? Or just the riveted on plate?

stamped onto the firewall iirc.

Edited by defari

24 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Could just add material, grind down and use something like this.

Lol... Or just drill out, reweld on another firewall, maybe from another GT-R or a GTS-4, Gracer vibes lolololol.

This happens more than people know, there's lots of money to be made rebirthing cars

Lots of rusted hulk or crashed "collectable" cars are "refreshed" this way

43 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Well to the people who would be interested in buying a gtr anyway, 

And a JDM VIN on an ADM shell will trigger raised eyebrows even quicker too!

Meh, once you swap all the JDM parts onto a ADM shell you wouldn't really notice

Whilst there was a few things that the ADM required for compliance here, it's all bolt on stuff really isn't it

The only tricky work would be the cut and shut on the firewall where the stamps are

The rest is basic nut, bolt, respray if you use a donor for the body numbers, block and other parts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bogan said:

Meh, once you swap all the JDM parts onto a ADM shell you wouldn't really notice

Whilst there was a few things that the ADM required for compliance here, it's all bolt on stuff really isn't it

The only tricky work would be the cut and shut on the firewall where the stamps are

The rest is basic nut, bolt, respray if you use a donor for the body numbers, block and other parts

And some how fix the hole in the roof left by the aerial 

7 hours ago, r32-25t said:

And some how fix the hole in the roof left by the aerial 

People remove sunroofs and manage to make it look like it was never there, welding up a small hole in the roof is a simple job

The illegal rebirthing and stolen car parts industry is a real thing, from full body swaps to just swapping interiors, the other parts and panels are then sold on, just look at the steady supply of parts in the classifieds, and the "wanted to buy whole car" adds from some wreckers where they advertise they will buy wrecked or damaged high end cars

Hell, when I was thinking about getting a new Coulson style interior for the SS I replied to add in the classifieds for a full interior, I turned up at a joint in the industrial area of Ingleburn, it was full of stripped and chopped up JDM and Commodores, the shady looking characters were more interested in what was under the bonnet of my car and where I lived than actually selling me the "full Coulson" interior that was in their warehouse area that was full of stripped car parts, my spider senses tingled and I got hell out of there

High end, high demand cars and parts shopping lists for crime is a real thing, it a profitable business, these thieves aren't stealing cars for joy rides

Fun fact about some stolen cars: Western Sydney crime gangs, and other hard core crime areas, are holding stolen "kill cars" that they use when the shoot each other up, and every second top tier gang member has some form of 1000hp mint nut and bolt "resto" classic, JDM, ADM or Euro thing parked up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bogan said:

People remove sunroofs and manage to make it look like it was never there, welding up a small hole in the roof is a simple job

The illegal rebirthing and stolen car parts industry is a real thing, from full body swaps to just swapping interiors, the other parts and panels are then sold on, just look at the steady supply of parts in the classifieds, and the "wanted to buy whole car" adds from some wreckers where they advertise they will buy wrecked or damaged high end cars

Hell, when I was thinking about getting a new Coulson style interior for the SS I replied to add in the classifieds for a full interior, I turned up at a joint in the industrial area of Ingleburn, it was full of stripped and chopped up JDM and Commodores, the shady looking characters were more interested in what was under the bonnet of my car and where I lived than actually selling me the "full Coulson" interior that was in their warehouse area that was full of stripped car parts, my spider senses tingled and I got hell out of there

High end, high demand cars and parts shopping lists for crime is a real thing, it a profitable business, these thieves aren't stealing cars for joy rides

Fun fact about some stolen cars: Western Sydney crime gangs, and other hard core crime areas, are holding stolen "kill cars" that they use when the shoot each other up, and every second top tier gang member has some form of 1000hp mint nut and bolt "resto" classic, JDM, ADM or Euro thing parked up

Wanna know one of the huge dollar stolen parts rings running around at the moment?

LDV vehicles! So hard to get parts for an LDV the crooks have figured it out, steal them, strip them, and are making bank, as lots of places now have LDVs and they want them fixed!

31 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

Wanna know one of the huge dollar stolen parts rings running around at the moment?

LDV vehicles! So hard to get parts for an LDV the crooks have figured it out, steal them, strip them, and are making bank, as lots of places now have LDVs and they want them fixed!

Hopefully it's just one of the early nails in the coffin of those horrendous shitboxen.

16 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Hopefully it's just one of the early nails in the coffin of those horrendous shitboxen.

I was hoping Australians utter hatred for cheap Chinese shit would do it.

But our love for outright cheap shit keeps winning.

But yes, them, MGs etc, they're so woefully built, with such low quality stuff on them. Even things like how the crash bars are welded in isn't right. Like Blind Freddy would lay a better, more accurate weld!

But people are lapping that shit up. :(

It really shows, you truly can produce utter shit, and as long as it kind of performs the functions, people will buy it!