SAU Community

New Member, ADL, R33 Gtst S1.5 RB25T

Dan R33gtst

Hi Sau community,

I have a mint S1.5 Gunmetal Grey R33 gtst coupe, blueprinted motor, forged pistons, metal head gasket apart from a boost controller, spitfire coilpacks, turbo timer and 2.5inch exhaust with Cat  it's stock.

Looking at advice on a series of upgrades.

Would really appreciate input regarding Haltec Elite, Greddy Plentum,Fuel Rail, Blitz Front mount intercooler, Tein Coilovers and best slotted discs. 

Cheers 🥂 Dan 

Welcome Dan

As you didn't mention the stock turbo, you should probably add a high flow standard turbo to your list and remove plenum and fuel rail as they are not required for a long time.

Yeah I was going to comment on this. Somewhat _unusual_ to have a built, blueprinted motor when everything else is stock?

Nevertheless, the age old wisdom applies: What is your goal for the car? Be honest, and then you later find out what you need. The recipe in the other direction is sadness.

The path is not necessarily "Buy shopping list, car become more fun" 

Yeah, "blueprinted" does not mean "built" (in the common usage of "built" where that means "built tough with forgies and so on"). Blueprinted just means that when it was assembled the bearing clearances and other tolerances were all made to be right in the middle of the range given in the engine manual. Or otherwise to some exact specific value liked/used by the builder or someone else with good knowledge on the best setup.

It is a term that I haven't really heard used by anyone since I stopped reading Street Machine about a million years ago.

Yea, it's also so they can be written down and referenced (and reproduced, really).

My old forged motor was blueprinted... but also funny that a car would exist with a forged motor and nothing else. Entirely possible that a R33 GTST lived its life unmodified and eventually had an engine failure.... but most don't go that way and go down in fiery glory via a little extra air going into them :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yea, it's also so they can be written down and referenced (and reproduced, really). My old forged motor was blueprinted... but also funny that a car would exist with a forged motor and nothing else. Entirely possible that a R33 GTST lived its life unmodified and eventually had an engine failure.... but most don't go that way and go down in fiery glory via a little extra air going into them :p  
    • Yeah, "blueprinted" does not mean "built" (in the common usage of "built" where that means "built tough with forgies and so on"). Blueprinted just means that when it was assembled the bearing clearances and other tolerances were all made to be right in the middle of the range given in the engine manual. Or otherwise to some exact specific value liked/used by the builder or someone else with good knowledge on the best setup. It is a term that I haven't really heard used by anyone since I stopped reading Street Machine about a million years ago.
    • People remove sunroofs and manage to make it look like it was never there, welding up a small hole in the roof is a simple job The illegal rebirthing and stolen car parts industry is a real thing, from full body swaps to just swapping interiors, the other parts and panels are then sold on, just look at the steady supply of parts in the classifieds, and the "wanted to buy whole car" adds from some wreckers where they advertise they will buy wrecked or damaged high end cars Hell, when I was thinking about getting a new Coulson style interior for the SS I replied to add in the classifieds for a full interior, I turned up at a joint in the industrial area of Ingleburn, it was full of stripped and chopped up JDM and Commodores, the shady looking characters were more interested in what was under the bonnet of my car and where I lived than actually selling me the "full Coulson" interior that was in their warehouse area that was full of stripped car parts, my spider senses tingled and I got hell out of there High end, high demand cars and parts shopping lists for crime is a real thing, it a profitable business, these thieves aren't stealing cars for joy rides Fun fact about some stolen cars: Western Sydney crime gangs, and other hard core crime areas, are holding stolen "kill cars" that they use when the shoot each other up, and every second top tier gang member has some form of 1000hp mint nut and bolt "resto" classic, JDM, ADM or Euro thing parked up  
    • I assumed the original motor blew and was rebuilt, and that it was a sensible street build for someone with normal person budget
    • Yeah I was going to comment on this. Somewhat _unusual_ to have a built, blueprinted motor when everything else is stock? Nevertheless, the age old wisdom applies: What is your goal for the car? Be honest, and then you later find out what you need. The recipe in the other direction is sadness. The path is not necessarily "Buy shopping list, car become more fun"