SAU Community

R32 Rear Seats

When i got my car it didn't come with rear seats. I wish i had some. I'm looking at a set on eBay.

Are there any other hardware components i will need to be able to install the rear seats? I've never taken one out so I'm not sure if I'm being naive by thinking i can just purchase these seats and install them easily. 

Is there something i need to keep in mind or look out for?

Does your car have the divider between the cabin and boot, which includes hooks on the top?

If so all you need it the 2 seatbacks, 2 bolts of the right length to bolt down the base (M8 from memory) and there might be 2 more bolts to hold the lower end of the seatback (I can't remember).

You might also need the seatbelts and the stalks they plug in to

• Like 1

^ all of that.

Fairly easy on the DIY scale.

As Duncan mentioned,  make sure you already have the seat belts as they are separate to the seat base.

And generally the seat belts use fine thread bolts which are hard to find at general hardware stores, so if buying some, try to get the bolts included. 

On 10/16/2024 at 3:15 PM, Duncan said:

Does your car have the divider between the cabin and boot, which includes hooks on the top?

If so all you need it the 2 seatbacks, 2 bolts of the right length to bolt down the base (M8 from memory) and there might be 2 more bolts to hold the lower end of the seatback (I can't remember).

You might also need the seatbelts and the stalks they plug in to

Yeah i have the divider, with 3 hooks. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'll stick with the plastic containers, as stated by others, as it's where the old oil goes, I then just drop them off at SuperCheap, who apparently recycle it, or something.... I believe this makes Captain Planet not so angry with me for owning a infernal combustion engine, although he is still pretty pissed at me for using old engine oil to stabilise dirt pads in old workshop and factory yard hard stands in the pre 1980's There was nothing better than some old engine oil to strengthen and waterproof a dirt/gravel patch pad back then, and the rainbows that flowed off the pad and down the storm water drains when it rained was very pretty looking, I believe that practice is frowned upon nowadays 🤔
    • Some good points there @joshuaho96 I think I just looked at the box and the tap and started thinking of how much cleaner my changes could be. 🤩 I mean, I could always just use a funnel...  Seems like thats the case here also.  
    • Some good points there @joshuaho96 I think I just looked at the box and the tap and started thinking of how much cleaner my changes could be. 🤩 I mean, I could always just use a funnel... 
    • You may need two of these unless they are still in place: https://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/rear-seat-cushion-lower-anchor-assembly-suit-nissan-skyline-p-2091.html
    • These are sold all the time at Walmart and like others have said the angle is "more eco friendly". It is slightly cheaper. Oil-contaminated plastics cannot be recycled so less of it is better, but you need a whole bunch of extra stuff to handle this. You need probably one clean 5 quart oil jug you set aside to use as an intermediate holding tank. You need your local hazmat to return your oil catch pan AND you need to make sure whatever oil catch pan you use can hold engine oil without any risk of leaking during transport. Or you have dedicated used engine oil containers that your local curbside recycling will drain and return. Personally I have stuck to just buying 5 quart bottles because this is just too much mess to be worth the hassle.