SAU Community

Boxes of oil?

A goon bag? Can't see it being a bad thing. A little more environmentally friendly than the normal thick plastic bottle packaging. But, for home gamers....where do you put the dirty oil you drained out? That's what the empty bottle from last time is for.

These are marketed for shops over here in North America. They're called "Bag in a box" oil. 

It's not very popular as most shops just stick to barrels and metered oil guns. I've never seen these used or sold for at home use, although the one in the video does seem a tad smaller. 

53 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Hard plastic can be recycled, foil can't right? Can't see how this is a step foward.

Yeah, but I reckon the number (fraction?) of oil containers that actually get recycled would be pretty small. They are, after all, at least contaminated with clean oil, more likely contaminated with dirty oil. And if they go to an oil recycling depot of some sort to be emptied into the big tanks....I'd put coin on the probability that they just get pitched into the bin at that point. Even though we're talking about a "recycling facility".... have you seen the sort of oiks that work in places like that? Unlikely to be thinking about the prospect of recycling the bottles too.

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yeah. Particularly on cars where the maintenance, particularly the coolant maintenance, has not been up to scratch. Coolant turns acidic, eats the HX out, and at some point it becomes too thin to resist the pressure and you get horrible things happen. RBs are moderately famous for it. It's not like it's a problem that happens to all of them. But there've been enough events that people fear it.
    • Auto or manual car, there are multiple places for oil and water to mix I have never heard of one of those warmer/cooler thingos failing before , is that a thing?
    • Yeah, but I reckon the number (fraction?) of oil containers that actually get recycled would be pretty small. They are, after all, at least contaminated with clean oil, more likely contaminated with dirty oil. And if they go to an oil recycling depot of some sort to be emptied into the big tanks....I'd put coin on the probability that they just get pitched into the bin at that point. Even though we're talking about a "recycling facility".... have you seen the sort of oiks that work in places like that? Unlikely to be thinking about the prospect of recycling the bottles too.
    • This. So much. I tried to run mine today and it does nothing. Everything sounds normal and I can feel it sapping power so I presume the compressor is running. But it's just blowing air at ambient temperature. Regas was a few posts earlier, ~4 weeks ago. I have had it on once since then. Looking forward to see what you find out about yours. Feeling a bit like Johnny where having a modern car would be nice for a change.
    • Also, it's highly unlikely to be the cause, especially if there is no milkshake under your oil cap. Goop in the cooling system is almost always rust from the block due to someone along the way not running enough coolant/rust inhibitor. If it worries you, you can try and flush everything out for a few times.