SAU Community

Blatently targeted

Hey all,

Following my first (and noteably un-noteworthy) targetting by cops last night I was interested in any humorous or interesting stories you guys have regarding being pursued by cops or pulled over for no apparent reason.

Mine was admittedly tame. I was just driving down the main street of the suburb I live in at about 12ish last night when a cop car came the other way. After the lights turned green the cop waited for me to pass, did a u-turn and followed me for a few kilometres before doing another u-turn and driving back the way he was headed. Obviously he was just running my plates to check if I had any withstanding offences, but nevertheless I found it amusing and pointless. I thought he was at least going to pull me over for an RBT!

The cops around my area are very jumpy when they see P platers in sporty looking cars (given the fact that the accident which sparked the current P plate debates happened in the street I live in) so I guess it was justified, but nevertheless I would like to hear of any similar stories where you have been blatently targetted due to the car you drive!

Cheers

Maybe he was running the plates to see if the car was stolen ? Hence why he didn't pull you over..

I think we're pretty lucky here in Canberra, the police leave us alone unless to draw attention to yourself :P

I was pulled over 3 days into having the R33, the officer made it pretty clear he was keeping an eye on me.. Went out of way to see which way I was turning etc... But at that stage I didn't have a front number plate on so it did look a bit sus... He pulled me over and gave him the transfer paperwork and he sent me on my way - he was good about it.

J

Yeah, I was blatently targeted for speeding the other day.

Luckily, as I only have one point left till 2006, I managed to talk my way out of it!!!

I live again, to cruise another day.

Touch wood.

When i had my GT i drove past my local police station at shift changeover. i joke not i had 5 police cars pull over behind me ALL at the same time, and ALL ran the red to get to me. Then ALL 2 cops in each car got out. Searched the whole car everything for about 10-15mins- in the end gave me a defect for a bit of oil in the engine bay (got it rubber stamped) haha.

The first night my flatmate got his GTST we were driving around and got aggressively boxed in at a servo by one car, they shone lights on us and opened the doors fully like american COPS styles (but with no guns drawn).. they told us all to stay in the car, i was goin into the servo at this stage to buy a drink when some dude ran outta nowhere and in front of me told me to stay near the car.. then after about 6 cop cars got there they let us go.

I asked em why sweat us for the guy said "ram raid you fit the description".

It's like.. thats nice ... "males and a skyline" good description asshole.

Oh well I've had nice cops too so they aint all bad :P

Stupidest one ever was getting pulled over at about 11.30pm on a weekday. The guy had attitude too so I asked him what you pull me over for "randomly. there are pubs in this suburb"<<< yeah good onya .. asshole.

anyways some of the good ones outweigh some of the bad ones so yeh..

Good luck Munro know how ya feel!

I've been targetting a few times. most noteably i was in the Canberra City on a friday night at about midnight after i had finished work. i was just driving through on my way home to get some food and fuel. i pulled out of the servo, then around a corner and got pulled over by cops. Now friday nights in the city are known for 'hoons' and a lot of people do cruise around in nice cars. this copper musn't have made his quota of defects or something, but he got out, came and talked to me, tried to accuse me of spinning my wheels out of the servo, but i held my ground and he backed off. while all this was happening his buddy was checking out my car, then came and asked me all sorts of questions like 'is this car modified?'. he asked me everything, but luckily i'd just had the car passed at the motor registry, so everything was legal, i even had the paperwork still in my glovebox.

I dont think i made his night any better.

i live in melbourne and the targeting gets pretty bad. i was followed by a copper for about 20 mins. down 2 different major roads, a highway and i turned into a side st to see if they would follow me... they did for a while and then just went away.

me and my mates were once pulled over by coppers, it was my mates 89 falcon station wagon, and they asked us if we had been "smoking" or had any explosives and what we were doing that night. i was like wtf! they asked my mate to open his boot and when he did the copper was standing a little too close and copped a hit to the head and said "####" they searched the car inside out, to their suprise they found nuffin... no even a lighter! Next day they got told off and a bit of a slap on the wrist by my mates dad... (he's the a highish ranking officer in Melbourne area.

I used to get pulled over in Queensland all the time when I lived there for "Random License Checks". I was being a smartarse to one because he was being a complete tool and very nearly got beaten up for it. Lucky a car came around the corner about 1/2 a second before he would have connected with my jaw so he pretended he was tying his shoelace.

Saw his name in the paper 6 months later for creating dodgy evidence.

I'm not surprised you guys are getting pulled over randomly actually.

with the high theft rate of Skylines I think it's a good thing that they're running plate checks for stolen cars.

You'd sure as hell be VERY VERY happy if they found your stolen car whilst "blatently targeting" a Skyline

:P

Strangely enough my sister gets pulled over more then me and she drives normal LOL.

She has a n/a S13 silvia with fat exhaust and fart can but everything else is stock.

Last time she got pulled over the cops said "Hello Kelly" and she was like "WTF how do you know my name" scary shit.

They proceded to check under the bonnet and said "is this an import" LOL,and they sat in the driver's seat pushing pedals and going thru the gears and when my sister said what are you doing? they replied "Routine check"

Blatently targetted is being treated like a crim when a. its your car b. it aint stolen c. you aint done nothin.

Meanwhile the buy in the beamer next to you flys past at 20km over the limit and the cop pulls you over for doing legal speed.

As for checking for stolen ones the cops can just run the plates if they wanna really know.. and if its a local car they know which colour etc gets stolen anyway.

Are you drunk?

All the cops did in this case was obviously run his plates. They didn't pull him over or hassle him. Just simply doing their job.

Since when do thieves target cars based on their colour? LMFAO... that would have to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.