SAU Community

Increasing redline on RB25

JimX

I'm not sure whether there breed you dumber over there or not, so I'll repeat myself slowly so you may understand.

The probe is inside the engine-bay, in-front of the airpod, with the bonnet down. After 7 or so power-runs the air gets pretty damn warm in there, the fan is directed at the intercooler.

Oh that's pretty dumb (your word, not mine), we have a 2 fans in the dyno room that cover intercooler/radiator, oil cooler and engine air inlet.

The reason I asked is because ....... well if you know how Shoot Out mode works, you already know why I asked.

Time sydneykid built a car that shows his tru skills.

How many do you want? I have no interest in dyno queens and 1/4 mile is boaring. You know Circuit Racing is what we do and engines are a very small part of that package. My cars have won races all over Australia. Two of them hold the current class lap records, one at Sandown and one at Oran Park. Another has the category lap record at Wakefield Park. We had the category and class lap record at Eastern Creek until last meeting, but we will get it back. Won Bathurst outright twice, won classes 3 times, finished top ten on 8 occasions. I think we still have the Improved Production car record at Surfers Paradise and the Sports Car lap record at Lakeside. Sandown, let's see, 2 outright wins, 3 classes .................

Shooooot, how many more times do you want me to show my true skills? :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would strongly doubt no matter where we located another fan that it would stuff all difference to the intake temps from the engine bay. And no, the intake temp would make very little difference to the overall power reading, and this is from DD themselves, feel free to ask them. :D

thats very impressive SK !

from what i know at = atmo temp, it = inlet temp, and that these are used to compensate for diff temps to give 'equal' readings in various environments, am i right ? but what are the true workings behind it, you seem to indicate you know

One temps room temp ones air intake temp and as ppl dont drive with their bonnet open it tends to get hot under there..

You mean you don't have a decent ambient air feed? Surely not.

All you own work eh sydneykid? What is yor real name as you must be famous.

Nah drivers are famous, team members are anonymous (even the team manager). :D

Bullshit.

Funny thing is, that we're calling the same things about your dyno figures... Works both ways doesn't it? :Oops:

Again, in case you missed it in the other thread, lets check the attitudes at the door.

Just a point.......Theo doesn't and never has run on Nittos...He's always used Federal street tyres....possibly why Federal is now a major sponsor along with Castrol.

Quote...it seems like either HPI have quoted the wrong tyres or he did use them

Seems like they quoted the wrong track too He ran that time at the Jamboree in March this year at the Sydney track. Mick and I were there but we didn't race.

I guess we need a word from Theo.

Strip, meh. For the occasional bilp down the qtr i dont think there should be too much concern about increasing the rev limit.

If you do sustained big revs/high speed then id be a little less confident to wind in more revs. Punt a car around a track constantly ringing the cars neck over 6,000rpm isnt good for it. Ie change up gears at 8,000rpm. Most of us drive road cars, not race cars on a qualifying lap.

This thread is funny, there seems to be a few ppl getting a little defensive / aggressive :argue:

Big numbers and quick times mean nothing to me. Tell me how many engines therse cars have destroyed, how much coin has been swallowed to get things right...then im impressed if its all been done right the first time. Everyone throws around numbers and times, but no one shares the hand grenade stories :boohoo:

Gary stewarts RB25 totally stock but with 2x 2530s has raced full time at wanneroo raceway for years at 7500rpm and 400rwhp with no engine problems.

Wanneroo... i have only seen it on TV. It looks liek the straight is pretty quick but he rest of its is dancing on throttle stuff?!?!?!?

My new found concern after having driven around Phillip Island ( i suspect Sandown will be the same) is the time an engine spends well over 6,000rpm. Hit high 7gs change gear and the thing is still reving its little heart out at over 6,000rpm. Sydney tracks are nothing liek this, and much friendlier to engine, as i suspect Wanneroo is

I wouldn't say E.C. is a slow track, but with any track I think that it's up to the driver where to keep the revs - Oran Park could be a continuous 6-8k rpm affair.

LOL, come on down and bring your helmet. Your right about revs, i was short changing trying to keep the thing in one piece, but Eastern Creek only has one quick turn and isnt all that fast compared to PI. It has 4 really quick turn like Eastern Turn 1. Only two are quicker :P

I could have been way quicker if i had rung the cars neck, (doesnt the TD06 liven up the top end) but its more then just the rev range. Oran park is like blip , blip , blip on /off throttle, to a certain extent so is Eastern and of coruse Wakefield. At PI you have much longer intervals of sustained load and revs before you back off.

Hi Jay

i have never run nittos. I use FEDERAL SS595 TYRES only. We ran 9.86 at jambo at WSID in march but then ran 9.82 @ 146.53 at the winternationals at willowbank in june. now number 4 in the country Theo