WHITE R32

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of interest Leewah what power were you making before nitrous

Before the NOS was installed, I was making 380rwkw on 18psi and 98octane fuel. This was measured on a DD dyno.

After that,we upped the boost and whacked in a substantial (but not huge) shot of NOS.

thought I'd post up my last graph for everyone to pick at :D, it's not in shootout mode or anything, on a Dyno Dynamics machine in 4th gear an pump fuel. people tell me its "peaky"....wouldn't really know personally, i just enjoy driving it an putting the LOCAL AUSSIE cars to shame :)

Car has: (power relevant)

Blitz s/s mesh pod filter

HKS front mount

hi-flow turbo

bosch internal fuel pump

malpassi adj. rising rate fuel reg (black one)

stock injectors

running 18psi boost

LT-12 Microtec ECU

HKS dump pipe,3"Blitz front pipe, 3" hi flow cat, 3" kakimoto cat back

248rwkw @ 6100rpm

an dont ask about 1/4 time caus it aint been run yet, plus the tein HA coilovers wont help, but come warmer wether an i'll try all the same :)

:cheers:

• 6 months later...

i think its time to revive this because people have new cars and new mods and hopefully the bad feelings from earlier in this thread will be long forgotton....

ive since sold my r32 gtst and have built a sr20det sileighty with mild mods but i have a 10 second t88 34d sr22det silvia on its way from japan so hopefully if everything is all good ill be throwing a graph up here to get things movin again after it lands here..... :D

so what have we all done to our cars since we last spoke??

thought I'd post up my last graph for everyone to pick at :), it's not in shootout mode or anything, on a Dyno Dynamics machine in 4th gear an pump fuel. people tell me its "peaky"....wouldn't really know personally, i just enjoy driving it an putting the LOCAL AUSSIE cars to shame ;)

Car has: (power relevant)

Blitz s/s mesh pod filter

HKS front mount

hi-flow turbo

bosch internal fuel pump

malpassi adj. rising rate fuel reg (black one)

stock injectors

running 18psi boost

LT-12 Microtec ECU

HKS dump pipe,3"Blitz front pipe, 3" hi flow cat, 3" kakimoto cat back

248rwkw @ 6100rpm

an dont ask about 1/4 time caus it aint been run yet, plus the tein HA coilovers wont help, but come warmer wether an i'll try all the same :(

:)

An observation, it has the usual RB25DET power dip (flattening) around 4,500 rpm to 5,000 rpm. This is sometimes tricky to tune out, but it is worthwhile as it is a common use rpm range and it is important in average power calcs. Some tuners spend all of their time searching for 1 or 2 extra kw of max power (at 6,000+ rpm) and don't worry so much about this important rpm range.

Standard ECU's have a problem in this area but the Microtech should be easily able to be tuned around it. So I would strongly suggest you pay your tuner a visit and discus the "power dip" with him, and seek out ways that you can tune it out. You will be surprised at how much differecne it makes.

:)

r33 gtr

my last tune at the end of jan this year

mods

Garret 320hp turbos ball bearing

APEXI PFC and AVCR

SARD 700cc injectors

TOMEI 260deg 9.15mm poncams

z32 afms

custom exhaust and inlet

the rest is std

the run was at 20psi on ultimate 98 on a hot day at Hyperdrive

In the future (hopefully in the next year)

i got stainless steel manifolds to be fittted (std position)

cold air take enclosure to be finished off

oil cooler kit

custom sump

intercooler upgrade

I just hope this thread stays on topic this time :)

Good result. Peter.  Do you have the boost and A/F ratio curves as well?:(

yes i do but not on the computer ,a/f is very stable just under 12:1/11.9:1 and the boost is a little wavey as i did most of the tune on 18psi and just turn it up to 20psi for the last run before lumpy had to go (we didnt have much time to set new afms) so i had a direct comparson to my last run on the Adrenline dyno (525.4rwhp at 20psi) but when i adjusted the AVCR i got the duty cycle a little off which coursed the waves in boost and are identical to the wave in the hp line (it was only about 1psi or less boost wave ~19.4 to20.2 from memory). So to have it go with only a couple hp on two different shootout dynos was very pleasing :wassup:

Looking forward to Drag Combat at the motorplex