SAU Community

post up your best dyno graph...

WHITE R32

GTS-t VSPEC or Steve-SST,

which GT30 core do u have now, can u provide the CHRA number?

it might be worth your while to go up to an A/R .82 exhaust housing.

I'll get the number off the turbo tonight and post it up for you.

FATGTS-R, Are you sure it wasn't 650rwhp, cause over here all readings are done in hp. Either way, if you do try and trick the temperature readings on a DD Shootout dyno then the temperatures are shown on the bottom of the page, so it would be obvious to everyone that cheating had taken place. But I do agree that dyno's are just a tuning tool

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geniune accredited shootout dynoshave many of the settings you talk of pre set and the temps etc are printed on your print out.

FATGTS-R what is the shops name so we can see if they are one of the accredited shops with the correct software or just the standard issue.

I have now been convinced as to what people have been saying for a long time, Dyno graphs dont mean jack shit.

My car is currently in a Bayswater workshop in VIC getting some mods done.

The workshop in question has a brand spankers DD 4wd dyno.

This workshop together with APS built and developed a twin turbo kit for the LS1 engine.

On there own dyno the car made 460rwkw. On the APS dyno it made 510rwkw both times on RACE FUEL.

The car recently went interstate for a Holden vs Ford gig and won the dyno comp with a ridiculous 650rwkw on PUMP FUEL. Go figure.  

The owner of the workshop showed just how easy it is to make a dyno read a lot lot higher than it should.

One example was to "manipulate" the dynos temp sensor for a higher reading in shootout mode.

The next example, and one I did not know about was that supposedly each car that goes onto the dyno is meant to be calibrated so that when the car is doing 100km/h so is the dyno.

He ran the same car twice in a row, one time with the dyno geared correctly and once with the geariing tweaked a tad.

The difference was amazing, the outright power wasnt that much higher, but higher nonetheless but the average power was about 20kw greater all the way across. Overlapping the two graphs you would think they were two different cars.

So to all the people who write "dynos are just a tuning tool and power graphs should be taken with a grain of salt" I 100% agree with you.

This post has been passed on to Dyno dynamics to be sorted buy they say its just some fairy tail some one told some one ,as ppl do.

This workshop together with APS built and developed a twin turbo kit for the LS1 engine.

On there own dyno the car made 460rwkw. On the APS dyno it made 510rwkw both times on RACE FUEL.

The car recently went interstate for a Holden vs Ford gig and won the dyno comp with a ridiculous 650rwkw on PUMP FUEL. Go figure.

Actually the car made 688 rwHP at the H v F show, which is almost identical to the 510rwkw on the APS dyno.

Also, Peter from APS himself admitted (on ls1.com.au) that it was NOT on pump fuel, but his "secret APS brew".

EDIT: also, it wasn't in the dyno comp, but only as an exhibition car.

Actually the car made 688 rwHP at the H v F show, which is almost identical to the 510rwkw on the APS dyno.

Also, Peter from APS himself admitted (on ls1.com.au) that it was NOT on pump fuel, but his "secret APS brew".

EDIT: also, it wasn't in the dyno comp, but only as an exhibition car.

It is very rare those high hp cars run normal 98 rom fuel. Its mostly 100% C16 or 50/50 C16/98

All our dyno comps are done in rwhp over here, and as you can see our readings match up to what they did on the APS dyno, so maybe you should all stop your knocking and try a bit harder:D

I am at 438hp@wheels at 1.4bar on stock internals so i aint that far behind :rant:

Well if you believe your figure then why do you have such difficulty believing ours?

We use Dyno Dynamics dyno's in Shootout Mode, which is the acknowledge standard Australia wide.

Because thats the highest figure i ever got, and realistically its only around 400hp@wheels or even a bit less

Blah dyno reading doesent mean squat unless you can use the power and get it to the ground, and if ya getting wheels spin in third gear then..............

Put all this to rest and run down the damn 1/4 will ya :rant:

Mine will be going on the track soon at Phillip Island and Sandown with the rest of team WANG Victoria to see what it can do in the real world!!

Guest Robo's
Blah dyno reading doesent mean squat unless you can use the power and get it to the ground, and if ya getting wheels spin in third gear then..............

Put all this to rest and run down the damn 1/4 will ya :rant:

Mine will be going on the track soon at Phillip Island and Sandown with the rest of team WANG Victoria to see what it can do in the real world!!

I know you allready know this, but Phillip Island and Sandown aint 1/4 tracks, so where is the true comparison???