SAU Community

Very dodgy Ebay auction. Check this out!

Hello

Thank you for contact me and your interest in my Nissan Skyline GT-R.

the car is complied an registered in AU.

The price for buy it now is $15.000.

I would like a $3.000 deposit first then I'll send you the car and the balance must be paid in max. 1 week after you get the car.

I must inform you that currently I'm in Germany for a business and I need more money for that. This is the reason I want to sell this car.

I'm telling you I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regardig this sale of time and payment.

Let me know if you want to send you the payment details.

Regards,

Albert Dickens

Bargain!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get's dodgier by the minute.

Another guy on there (Roguepi is his ID) alsways has some absolutely awesome parts listed yet most of his auctions are cancelled at the last minute.

RougePI isnt dogey, so dont give people bad names, he cancels auctions sometimes when the item doesnt go high enough in value.

i sent him a message asking if i offered him $90,000 if he would cancel the auction and sell to me and asking for his banking details so i can wire the money to him.

Waiting for his reply and to see if if he gives me his name and details :(

try to get the location of the car... if he refuses to give one then get his details and report him

A cut and paste reply, that's the exact same email he sent to me.

Finishing auctions early if they don't get what you want is dodgy I'm afraid. Start it at a higher price, use buy it now or a reserve (where ebay still allows them). People are sitting there and bidding on parts they need or want only to find the bids cancelled and auctions closed. Let me tell you how quick his account would last if someone asked ebay to investigate why he had so many cancelled auctions. Don't want to give anyone a bad name if they don't deserve it. But what if I worded it as such "Don't bid on any good deals you find by a seller called RoguePi as he will only cancel the auction".

I got a reply

Let me tell you how I want to proceed.

-you put the money ($3.000) on any name you want and my address using a WU(Western Union) money order.

-you will use another name then mine so I can't pick up the money until you see the car.

-my address: Wurzburger Strasse 21

Hannover-Laatzen

Germany D-30880

-after you put the money on this address you give me these details:

-your address

-the sender name

-the receiver name

-the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)

-after I check the transfer and it's ok I'll give you the car address.

-after you see the car and you decide to buy it you go to WU and change the name you used for the receiver with my name so I can pick up the money.

-the rest of the money you can send it in max. 1 week after you get the car.

If you agree I'm waiting the details.

Regards,

Albert

I got a reply

Let me tell you how I want to  proceed.

-you put the money ($3.000) on any name you want and my address using a WU(Western Union) money order.

-you will use another name then mine so I can't pick up the money until you see the car.

Hannover-Laatzen

Germany D-30880

-your address

-the sender name

-the receiver name

-after you see the car and you decide to buy it you go to WU and change the name you used for the receiver with my name so I can pick up the money.

Regards,

Albert

Dodgy !!

:bs!:

So in other words after I've pocketed $3000 of yours, I'll supply you some fake address. By the time you get there, I'll be long gone. Why the hell couldn't he give you an address before you pay a deposit.

This is now becomming very amusing.

I got this picture of car domain on Monday, September 15, 2003, 8:05:30 PM.

Either this guys dodgy or he is a stupid bullsh*t artist

Funny how at Car Domain (here) there's the EXACT same photos. The location of this car is in America... Perhaps an e-mail to eBay might be in order.

I spent a few more minutes looking through the guestbook... here's something amusing:

posted by blackbeauty19 9/26/03, 3:29 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY YOU ****IN top bloke!!! WHY DO YOU GOT MY CAR ON YOUR PAGE YOU LIL SHIT!!! ITS NOT YOURS BECAUSE YOU JUST MADE YOUR PAGE IN 2003 AND ITS NOT A ****ING 2000 ITS A 97 YOU LIL SHIT...YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT CARS!!! YOU BETTER TAKE THIS SHIT OFF THIS PAGE OR I'LL GET DOMAIN ON YOUR ASS AND ERASE THIS PAGE FOR ME. SO YOU BETTER GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT. THANK GOD PEOPLE TOLD ME THIS SHIT YOU LIL P O S E R !!! EVERYONE IF YOU WANNA SEE MY SKYLINE CHECK OUT MY PAGE NOT THIS LIL SHIT'S PAGE CUZ HE BE GETTING ALL THE PROPS AND SHIT AND NOT ME THATS WHY I MADE MY PAGE IN MAY OF 2002.

-Craig

A link to Craig's page is here. It's funny how after this comment he's given credit to Craig for photos...

I got a reply

Let me tell you how I want to  proceed.

Hannover-Laatzen

Germany D-30880

-your address

-the sender name

-the receiver name

Regards,

Albert

I have run into this exact scam on eBay in regards to Plasma screens 18 months ago. EBay and Western Union were aware of it 2 years ago. Maybe someone should notify them of this particular example so they are aware it is still continuing.