SAU Community

Very dodgy Ebay auction. Check this out!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i email him and got the same reply as above. he didnt even answer any of my questions

"Hello Ryan,

Thank you for contact me and your interest in my Nissan Skyline GT-R.

You can see and taste the car.

The price for buy it now is $15.000.

I would like a $3.000 deposit first then I'll send you the car and the balance must be paid in max. 1 week after you get the car.

I'm telling you I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regardig this sale of time and payment.

Let me know if you want to send you the payment details.

Regards,

Albert Dickens"

i email him and got the same reply as above. he didnt even answer any of my questions

"Hello Ryan,

Thank you for contact me and your interest in my Nissan Skyline GT-R.

You can see and taste the car.

The price for buy it now is $15.000.

I would like a $3.000 deposit first then I'll send you the car and the balance must be paid in max. 1 week after you get the car.

I'm telling you I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regardig this sale of time and payment.

Let me know if you want to send you the payment details.

Regards,

Albert Dickens"

I offered him $90,000 but he hasent replied to me as yet!!!

I'm sorry to RoguePi if he is a real nice bloke, but 3 items I was bidding on all got cancelled right at the last minute. As for things with no reserve, put a higher price on them or use buy-it-now. Sorry but ending auctions early is both a bastards act and very much against ebay policy.

i got the same emails for him and asked for address to see the car as it is advertised in bris and he said no address without deposit......and check out the silver supra 4 sale there too its posted be the same guy with different user name....it is regoed in ACT, advertised in gold coast yet same reply for deposit first

You know Ebay just got a new head of security for Australia. Alistair McGibbon - formerly of the federal police computer crime unit (high tech crimes it might have been called). Hes quite a good bloke so its probably worth sending him an email with this guys auction in it, including all the information gathered so far.

If anyone PMs me with a list of auctions and information you know so far I will send off an email and he can take some action.

I received a generic reply from eBay as soon as I posted to them. 1 hour later I had a personal reply from a staff member. They're looking into it.

The more people who complain/notify them and the more information provided, the safer it will be for all of us genuine eBayers.

Good work guys .. nice to see some good samaritans.. now all ya need to do is find the NOT so obvious scams hehe

but yeah INASNT - 90k the guy prolly has NFI and thinks you're trying to scam him haha

I sent him another email offering to open up a undiclosed account in a Caman Islands offshore holding company for him to make the $90,000 transaction, but no reply either, hahahaha :)

Guest Robo's

There was a new monaro up for grabs on ebay. It had a start bid of $8000, the car is in tasmania but he was overseas. He wanted a $3000 deposit before he let you see the car or gave you the address for it, Another Scam!!

There was a new monaro up for grabs on ebay.  It had a start bid of $8000, the car is in tasmania but he was overseas.  He wanted a $3000 deposit before he let you see the car or gave you the address for it,  Another Scam!!

sounds like the same guy

Wow, look, another! He must be scamming some idiots if he keeps doing it! This one says it's 2002 model, didn't know they came out in a complete R33 bodykit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...2488113809&rd=1

If anyone PMs me with a list of auctions and information you know so far I will send off an email and he can take some action.

Send him this one!

SootyR32, I think you are more disappointed you didnt get your bargain price performance bits, rather than the fact he choses to cancel his auctions early. True, it should be offered at a higher price, or buy now option, but he may choose to set a lower price to get more people initially interested....No need to bad mouth somone if they chose to do things differently - even if they havent read the ebay rules....

That's not it at all. I looked at all the auctions he had listed (it was around 20) and only 3 hadn't been cancelled. Once again, I'm sorry to RoguePi and I don't mean any harm. But an auction is an auction. I never cancel mine unless there is a genuine reason. I think I've cancelled maybe 6 in 6 years out of aorund 400 items I've listed.