SAU Community

Its a me, a Mario!

Fro-Daddy

Thats right boys n girls, mario is back in my addiction box...ive just got 2 emulators (zsnes and snes9x) but cannot seem to find any roms (games) for these, i really want the mario series and maybe a few others which are cool...

can anyone help me out here?

martydaman, just fly Singapore Airlines... they've got all those old Mario games on their in-flight entertainment system and you can even go challenge another passenger with some games.

• 3 weeks later...

I built myself a full sized arcade cabinet replica with 21" monitor and authentic 2 person arcade controls (even the little men buttons for 1/2 player!) for MAME...

And in the process managed to get hold of:

- All mame roms as of 6/2003 (v0.71)

- Every Sega Megadrive rom!

- 100 or so Sega Master System games

- 50 or so Nintendo 64 games

- Every Super Nintendo (SNES) rom!

- Every Nintendo Gameboy Advance game as of 6/2003

- Handful of Nintendo (NES) roms

- More than 1 Gb of C64 & Amiga roms

Something like 20Gb for everything from memory.

Anyone interested in setting up there own machine or wants a huge number of ROMs, I might be able to help out. Of course you'll have to show me your original 5000+ game cartridges first :)

John

project MAME was something like that........................a huge group of mame fans decided not to put roms on the net, instead, if you want roms you have to send a blank CD to some place where they'll burn them on for you free of charge (as not to infringe copyright)

a pain in the arse if you just want to download a select few...............

good achivement jnr_j!

do you mind sharing links with us all?

project MAME was something like that........................a huge group of mame fans decided not to put roms on the net, instead, if you want roms you have to send a blank CD to some place where they'll burn them on for you free of charge (as not to infringe copyright)

a pain in the arse if you just want to download a select few...............

good achivement jnr_j!

do you mind sharing links with us all?

Yep, that's how I got my full set of MAME roms, I just sent this guy 3 blank DVDs and he gave me the full set. Here is the site:

http://www.freemameroms.com/

There don't seem to be any Australian people anymore though, when you click Australia they just list a dude who's willing to ship internationally to Australia. When I looked a year ago there were a few in Australia, including one in Canberra where I am!

For anyone willing to shell out a bunch of cash, try http://allmyroms.com

I got all the other roms of a friend, who'd spent many many many hours downloading them all from various places, I have no idea where they actually came from.

I'm happy to help out anyone who does want a set, if you can arrange to send me a few dollars to cover postage and blank disks (or send me everything reply paid) I'll burn them onto a few DVDs for you. (It may take a few weeks however)

Just pm me.

John

I built myself a full sized arcade cabinet replica with 21" monitor and authentic 2 person arcade controls (even the little men buttons for 1/2 player!) for MAME...

John

even though i eventually want to do something similar with a car dashboard and seats, you prob have a bit of time on your hands, aye?

ahh love those old mario games. had a nes with it and duck hunt. fun fun.

even though i eventually want to do something similar with a car dashboard and seats, you prob have a bit of time on your hands, aye?

Started building one Saturday, had it finished for the next Saturday (working during the week 9-5). If you know what has to be done it's not that hard, plus I'd planned it all in Pro-Engineer (solid modelling program) so I knew exactly what size to make everything, and designed the thing around the monitor once I'd bought that a few weeks earlier. One thing I didn't give enough thought was getting it inside the house - had only 1cm clearance on either side getting through the front door!

I plan to build another one at some stage which is also a coffee table, maybe with a nice 17" TFT sitting flush under a glass top. The old one is way too huge to have sitting around where I live now.

Heaps of examples of cabinets people have built here: http://www.arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

nice.  do u have old school signs on it?

yeah.  might go play duck hunt some time.  thanks fro daddy, i love that old game, but i dont have time @ the moment.

I only ever got around to painting the whole thing black, but it does have a fluoro light at the top with a printed perspex cover saying MAME with all sorts of characters from various games.

As part of the collection of roms etc I also got hold of screenshots of title screens in game, as well as photos of the original arcade cabinets, marquees etc. Places like www.mameworld.net have heaps of links to that sort of stuff.